10 year Anniversary Cayman R/987 Spyder meet May 2021.

Message added by Beanoir™,

R & Spyder 10 Year Facebook v2.png

If the Spyder model is involved as well so be it wouldn't stop me coming but separate parking for the CRs  would be better for a photo opportunity all together 

Peter I think a call to Sharnbrook Hotel might be worth a call they are very car friendly and host loads of car events.

If you go with the Spyders coming along and need help with numbers my wife runs the Boxster Register for PCGB and can put a call out.

Let me know if you want any assistance with that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cliff R said:

If the Spyder model is involved as well so be it wouldn't stop me coming but separate parking for the CRs  would be better for a photo opportunity all together 

Peter I think a call to Sharnbrook Hotel might be worth a call they are very car friendly and host loads of car events.

If you go with the Spyders coming along and need help with numbers my wife runs the Boxster Register for PCGB and can put a call out.

Let me know if you want any assistance with that.

Hi Cliff

I agree on the separate parking for R's and Spyders will make for better photographs, i will take a look at the hotel you mentioned. 

Edit to add, the hotel does look a good venue, very central with lots of parking and people could even stay over the night before if they wanted to.

I will call them today.

If your wife can get the word out to 987 Spyder Owners then that's great.

Sharnbrook-Hotel-Car-Show.jpg

Edited by Budflicker
  • Like 1

Cayman R's                                                                                                  

0. Beanoir       - Honorary Cayman R owner and Cayman OC founder.

1. Budflicker    - Viper Green                                                                                              

2. Pandalf       - Carrara White

3. Frayz          -Peridot Green

4. S3 AKR       - Carrara White

5. Jlittlejohn

6. Y3 OWA

7. Stu T

8. SJE

9. Cliff R           - Peridot Green  

10. Swanny71   - Silver

11. 911Jon

12. Mogsmex   - Carrara White

13. Jon704      - Carrara White

14. Ian Jones   -Peridot Green

15. Pete the Glass

16. RSX Boy    -Meteor Grey

17. CaymanR

18. Julian987   - Black

19. Andy Fagan - Carrara White :D

20. Immunda

21. Simon Jolly

22. b4llyd    - Peridot Green

23. Felixgogo   - Silver 

24. Paul Davis   - Peridot Green

25. Martin      -Aqua Blue

26. Grant 964

27. Gary Stanford

28. Draven    -Guards Red

29. K400RDY  -Meteor Grey

30. Cl0v3rl3af   - Carrara White

31. Raj Mistry   -Guards Red

32. N24WAX     - Black

33. Tiffany Barker

34. ScouseR     - Carrara White

35. PeterB24   - Black

36. Paul Stevens 

37. ClioTrophey55 - Peridot Green

38. Gregarious      - Peridot Green

987 Spyder's

1. Porsche GT4  -White

Edited by Budflicker
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Budflicker said:

I have tried to add the colours in where i can, message me on a PM the colour of your car if not added and i will add it in.

Thanks

mines Carrera White ;)

18 hours ago, Budflicker said:

OK, so I have spoken to Ciro at the Sharnbrook Hotel and it sounds absolutely perfect, the venue has lots of room for the cars, catering facilities, stewards all set up and are very experienced in putting on car events. It's also very central in location.

https://www.thesharnbrookhotel.com

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Sharnbrook/@52.1455894,-1.0346272,7z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x4877baffdb2f546f:0x1d246c2b76d1c6b!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d52.2335624!4d-0.5309851

Ciro is going to email me further details but i understand that we would just need to turn up and display the cars and the actual organisation of the event in terms of marshal's, food and drinks etc on the day would be run by them.

They have plenty of room for other cars to attend and be parked in different areas to the Cayman R's and 987 Spyder's so other Porsche owners and enthusiasts could attend as well if they wish.

There would be a small entry fee we would need to pay which would also include a meal choice and drinks.

He suggested that this could be choice of a 2 course sit down meal inside or a pizza and drink package. If the Covid-19 situation changes this could be a buffet or BBQ instead, but who knows what the Covid-19 situation will be next May.

the prices he was talking about were in the region of £15-20 per car or £25-30 for a car with two people.

As this includes lunch and refreshments i think this sounds entirely reasonable.

The date that is free would be Sunday 9th May 2021 and the hotel has rooms available on the Saturday 8th if people wanted to stay the night before.

I think this sounds like a perfect venue and thank you Cliff for the suggestion.

Ciro is going to email me some further details but i just want to confirm the above sounds OK with you guys on the OC as without you it cant be a success.

Just to clarify, any ticket, food etc money or profits made will be kept by the venue, I am organising this strictly for the experience, though i might suggest to Ciro that a couple of quid be added to the ticket to give to charity so the day also helps a good cause.

We will discuss which charity later, for the minute just let me know your thoughts on the venue and teh proposals above so I can confirm the dates with Ciro and we can get some flyers organised and start getting some extra exposure out there with a set date and venue.

Cayman OC, over to you. 

No problem Peter I thought it might be a good venue been there before Ciro is a car but very accommodating.

Also Tracy put a call out on her Boxster FB page and PCGB Spyder Forum

taking shape nice one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cliff R said:

No problem Peter I thought it might be a good venue been there before Ciro is a guy but very accommodating.

Also Tracy put a call out on her Boxster FB page and PCGB Spyder Forum

taking shape nice one.

Shotgun the tight arse tshirt. 🤣🤣

Hope it’s pink and XXXS 😘😘

Great job Pete, sounds superb.
It’s a once in a decade gathering so I can’t see the ticket price being an issue. 
I assume we will buy a ticket online pre meet?

A pay on the gate although convenient doesn’t give the hotel confirmed numbers for food/drink etc. 

• Like 1