Swanny71’s Cayman R

swanny71

Swanny,

If you use Faceache, message Kolour Koncept. They will supply you the silver webbing for door pulls and make youy the belts if you sent them yours or some donor Cayman belt reels. They did my Clio ones in black (std they come silver) and theyre every bit as nicely finished as OEM. Also theyre incredibly well priced. Circa £25 per belt plus return delivery. :)

https://www.facebook.com/kolourKoncept

Edited by Frayz

Thanks all, very happy with the results. 

Took the R out for a run for the first time in over a week, two things struck me straight away.

1. The cloth feels higher quality and is nicer to sit on than the Alcantara

2. These things are absolutely f’ing wonderful to drive. My daily is a pretty well sorted M135i, but the R just blows it out of the water. 

Brake pedal squish in the first few inches of travel is the only thing I don’t really like. 

Hoping to fix this with a GT3 MC at the weekend if I get time.

D7417FD3-5DEE-4EFC-969A-1BFBB1FE72A7.jpeg

Edited by swanny71

Beautifully chosen and well executed mods mate. I've not driven a non GT3 MC car but my brakes are bang up top of the pedal, instant and with plenty of feel. 

Got the TRW part number from various UK and US forums and eventually managed to source one at a reasonable price of £156 last week (after being let down by the knobbers at Autodoc four times).

Edited by swanny71

• 2 weeks later...

Interior tweaks continue - I don’t like shiny metal effect plastic.

Bought a cheap (£18) 997 gear knob off Ebay, took it to bits, prepped and sprayed the front part satin black.
The top cap was sprayed and then the gear markings done in Platinum Silver and clear coated. Not 100% happy with the gear markings (will be redoing them) but pretty pleased with the end result.

E8BC9E06-854C-4B1E-A852-38288E22E757.jpeg

Edited by swanny71
Spelling

12 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Thanks.

Yes, steering wheel trim is on the ‘might do’ list. But as with all the mods it’s needs to be easily reversible and good value - I’m looking for a used part to play with rather than messing with the original.