Cayman R Chat

Not sure what this flat Spot is as my car was mapped before I purchased it. 

It can certainly be cleaned up as mine revs out clean with torque all the way to the redline. 

On 05/01/2019 at 17:59, Windymiller said:

Et voila:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5ae970eeed915d42f42b60bb/GIA_0224_2016-00.pdf

articles 2, 4, 39, 45, 46 & 57 make for interesting reading...

now, any lawyers amongst us that want to bring a class action against Porsche GB viz the ‘infamous’ Cayman flat spot to get us all some compo.... 🤔😉👍🏻

Great sharing of info. I wonder what the grounds were for Porsche paying out on this case? Settling out of court to stop any judicial judgement that might embarrass them? Can't deny £34k would be a handy sum to receive...:sAng_stirthepot:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
59 minutes ago, Masher said:

Absolutely nothing to do with me but this 34,000 mile sub £40k Cayman R looks a good deal. Hope their not all heading south in value!

https://www.autostoresales.co.uk/porschecaymanr

Cheers

Mick

I don't think at sub 50k they'll ever go South. GT3 RS etc at 200K plus may do but not these as they're such great value and unique as they are

MrVert, good choice.  Think the platinum silver is an underated colour for the R, especially with the black wheels.  Mine actually came with the silver Boxster Spyders, but put these 981 wheels on as they were black and a lot cheaper to replace than the spyders should I ding one.

Bet you can't wait! It is worth it though...

P1020532.JPG

On 16/06/2019 at 10:43, Cwhizz said:

MrVert, good choice.  Think the platinum silver is an underated colour for the R, especially with the black wheels.  Mine actually came with the silver Boxster Spyders, but put these 981 wheels on as they were black and a lot cheaper to replace than the spyders should I ding one.

Bet you can't wait! It is worth it though...

P1020532.JPG

Yes, can't wait! Coming from a long line of 911's previously including 1 x GT3 so it's a bit of a departure! I reckon it'll be hardcore enough for me though! The carbon buckets are just beautiful and fit me like a glove! I'll do some decent pics when I have her back home.

Like the 981 wheels, they are different and really suit the car!

Edited by MrVert

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2019 at 17:45, 911jon said:

I love it; it's one hell of a car for the money. It's one hell of a car for any money!

IMG_4191.JPG

She’s a looker for sure 😍 - great colour combo, lucky man 👍🏻

welcome to the COC matey (unfortunate but affectionately used acronym... 😉)

• Haha 1

On 15/06/2019 at 12:28, MrVert said:

Just bought this from OPC, collecting next week...

image.jpeg

As above - that's absolutely understatedly stunning ! One of the best looking Caymans (Certainly 987) i've ever seen.

Continued health to enjoy........

Edited by sevenfourate

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

Hi. Just put a deposit on a CR and picking up next Saturday. I also have a 3.2 Carrera like Jon above (must be a thing as there are a few on IB.com with CRs now!)

Purchased through 911Virgin. Maybe the car is known around these parts? 

164BACE2-F1C2-456E-8E7D-D070C329BB77.jpeg

Welcome aboard. Looks like a beauty from the advert pictures.

Enjoy !