Cayman R Chat

On 11/10/2019 at 12:29, Wingnonut said:

Hi. Just put a deposit on a CR and picking up next Saturday. I also have a 3.2 Carrera like Jon above (must be a thing as there are a few on IB.com with CRs now!)

Purchased through 911Virgin. Maybe the car is known around these parts? 

164BACE2-F1C2-456E-8E7D-D070C329BB77.jpeg

Welcome to the club, great looking car. Would be interesting to know how it compares to your 3.2 Carrera

On 11/10/2019 at 12:29, Wingnonut said:

Hi. Just put a deposit on a CR and picking up next Saturday. I also have a 3.2 Carrera like Jon above (must be a thing as there are a few on IB.com with CRs now!)

Purchased through 911Virgin. Maybe the car is known around these parts? 

164BACE2-F1C2-456E-8E7D-D070C329BB77.jpeg

Hi Wingnonut,

Congratulations , that's a beautiful car, guards red works so well on the R. My Carrera 3.2 is guards red. You have excellent taste in cars! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. Hopefully I will get to meet up with some of you in the near future.

19 hours ago, 911jon said:

Hi Wingnonut,

Congratulations , that's a beautiful car, guards red works so well on the R. My Carrera 3.2 is guards red. You have excellent taste in cars! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine. Hopefully I will get to meet up with some of you in the near future.

3.2 is Guards too! Can’t wait to get a “couples” shot of the two of them. You on IB.com? Would be great to catch up. Maybe we could organise a meet for CR owners?

049A8383-F914-4B9A-8380-90277679DABD.jpeg

On 16/10/2019 at 13:52, Wingnonut said:

3.2 is Guards too! Can’t wait to get a “couples” shot of the two of them. You on IB.com? Would be great to catch up. Maybe we could organise a meet for CR owners?

049A8383-F914-4B9A-8380-90277679DABD.jpeg

Hi Wingnonut,

Another beautiful car! Mine is a Targa Sport, hence my preference for a Cayman R over a Spyder. I have open topped motoring covered already. A pic of both together would be great... mine is F plate too, with 8" rears and 7" fronts. I am out near Bath, I seem to be miles from anyone else!

Cheers,

Jon 

I'm so looking forward to getting my 3.2 back from Riviera so that I can take a side-by-side picture (or two!) of my own. Like Wingnonut, I am still very much in love with it; the driving experience is just as rewarding as the R.

Wingnonut; I am indeed on IB, but haven't posted (or looked in much) in years. I'll look for you there on the '3.2 Carrera and Cayman R' register!

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Y3owa said:

Don’t know the car but I have seen it and know the guys at Maundrell.

car seems good for the money was almost tempted to buy it for a daily

Thanks Y3owa - what’s your experience of Maundrells?

I bought my first cayman r from them in 2015, they were great as I was actually in the states at the time so very good service.

they then invited to me to a customer only private track day! Great fun!

since then I tend to use them for repair work etc as I don’t trust the garages in London.

if you get a chance speak with Steve that’s who I dealt with.

all the best Andy 

34 minutes ago, Y3owa said:

I bought my first cayman r from them in 2015, they were great as I was actually in the states at the time so very good service.

they then invited to me to a customer only private track day! Great fun!

since then I tend to use them for repair work etc as I don’t trust the garages in London.

if you get a chance speak with Steve that’s who I dealt with.

all the best Andy 

Thanks again Andy,

Jason

Hello all. I've returned to the forum as I am looking for a Cayman R as after missing out on a couple of nice ones in the classifieds earlier this year. Anyone looking to sell one with manual and buckets?

• Founder
15 hours ago, Prestonese said:

Hello all. I've returned to the forum as I am looking for a Cayman R as after missing out on a couple of nice ones in the classifieds earlier this year. Anyone looking to sell one with manual and buckets?

My old car is for sale at JZM at the moment...

20 hours ago, Prestonese said:

You have PM - I was waiting until the spring to sell mine but if you are looking now it’d be rude not to answer 😀

Cheers

Mke

5 hours ago, Beanoir said:

My old car is for sale at JZM at the moment...

That seems like a very reasonable price for your old

one Nick if it’s still got the Ohlins suspension and Carnewal exhaust fitted 🤔

Thanks all. Yes. Keep them coming! I will follow up where appropriate. 

The JZM looks nice but I prefer one in non white! Hence the 9E one is not a consideration either - am surprised that is still on the market actually.

Edited by Prestonese