Cayman R Chat

8 hours ago, Trickle said:

Including your good self? ;) 

But I put that right quite quick ;'-)

I have not saying the R is better, the GT4 and  R are nothing alike, having both is interesting.

• Founder

I asked at Hatfield OPC the other week the colour code for the black on the wheels and the response was "it's just black, no code" 

Helpful as always! I imagine the colour you're looking for is "just grey" 

why do you need it anyway? Are you touching up the inside of your rim? (So to speak!)

13 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

I asked at Hatfield OPC the other week the colour code for the black on the wheels and the response was "it's just black, no code" 

Helpful as always! I imagine the colour you're looking for is "just grey" 

why do you need it anyway? Are you touching up the inside of your rim? (So to speak!)

Sort of. One of my wheels has a small rust spider about the size of a penny on the inside and was going to repair it.

11 minutes ago, Red Square Images said:

Alloy doesn't rust? It oxidises? 

12 minutes ago, Red Square Images said:

Alloy doesn't rust? It oxidises? 

OK if you're going to be pedantic then alloy does rust as steel is also an alloy, but I think everyone knew what I meant. :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beanoir said:

More to the point, did you find the correct colour in the end Andy?

Not yet. I believe the local paint factor has a scope to copy or ID the colour so I'm going to take a wheel there to see what it comes up with

• Founder
On 30 March 2016 at 22:56, PorscheGT4 said:

Well got the new R home tonight, loved the drive back, any one who sold one to get a GT4 is missing a trick imo.

I think the R will go big at some point like the 964RS, it's def the last of the cars with real feel, bloody love it.

whiter2.jpg

bringing it along tomorrow?

@Beanoir

Nick, do you remember that YouTube video I found of a well respected UK instructor explaining why the R is the best car he's driven?

I can't find it now... O.o

Brother in law thinking of buying a 997 GT3 (he's had both 997 C2S & Cayman 987S) so I thought he'd better consider an R!?

I know I posted it on some forum, somewhere...

• Founder

rings a bell David, but I can't remember where....

wound't mind finding it actually as a friend of mine is looking to buy one so it would be useful.