Cayman R Chat

5 hours ago, Ginginho said:

blimey. Hope they were ok.

What surprises me is the steering wheel. I have never seen an R with that factory wheel before. 

20 hours ago, Julian987 said:

blimey. Hope they were ok.

What surprises me is the steering wheel. I have never seen an R with that factory wheel before. 

Because they swapped it out the same time as they swapped the buckets.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone got any information / advise / opinions on the following Cayman R?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175270401561

Thinking about brining it out of retirement but would like to find out as much information as possible. Private message if you do not want to pass information over the open forum.

Thank you for your time,

Phil

3 hours ago, Philnotts said:

Has anyone got any information / advise / opinions on the following Cayman R?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175270401561

Thinking about brining it out of retirement but would like to find out as much information as possible. Private message if you do not want to pass information over the open forum.

Thank you for your time,

Phil

the previous owner is still active on the pistonheads R forum. 

If you post a message over there ...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=231&t=1577781&i=10460

...i am sure he'll reply. Earlier in that forum thread he posted pics of the crash and info about it. 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Interesting to see a Cayman R which rolled off the line in Oct 2013. Must be one of the last built as weren’t they into 981 production by then?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305026929940

It was registered in late 2013 but I highly suspect it was built in the same window as the other cars - 2011-2012 and just sat in a dealer unregistered.  You would need the VIN to check the build date.

The amount of fabrication in a lot of the ads nowadays is pretty astounding.

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

It was registered in late 2013 but I highly suspect it was built in the same window as the other cars - 2011-2012 and just sat in a dealer unregistered.  You would need the VIN to check the build date.

The amount of fabrication in a lot of the ads nowadays is pretty astounding.

Ah yes that makes total sense. Thanks for clarifying that highly likely outcome. 

• 3 weeks later...

2015 Registered Cayman R for sale on Autotrader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305257759769?advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=987 R&include-delivery-option=on&make=Porsche&model=Cayman&page=1&postcode=g767nq&fromsra

Advert states '2015 (15 reg)' but plate on the car is a '63' so all very confusing!  😕

Pity its not got the buckets.  ☹️

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Trust all is well with all.

What is the service interval requirement one year on from a major service, circa 33K miles. 

2k miles and 1 year later, do I need a minor service?

Thanks
J

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder
On 30/09/2021 at 17:17, Budflicker said:

Helloooo everybody, long time no see, life has been so busy that I haven't had time for online life, also haven't had time to drive my Cayman R since July, It's sitting in the garage under a cover on a C-Tek, wasted really.

So just to put the cat amongst the pigeons as they say, if anybody is in the market for a 1 of 1 in the world, Viper Green Cayman R, 20k miles full  Porsche service history, last one being a major at Porsche Tonbridge less than a thousand miles ago, including Drive belt and tensioner and spark plugs, and brand new MPS4S tires fitted recently.

It's got all the right bits,

Manual - Check

Buckets - Check

Spyder Wheels - Check

PSE- Check

Sports Chrono - Check

Short Shift - Check

Air con - Check

Oh and the brakes have been upgraded to Giro two piece discs and Ferrodo pads. (originals included in case you wanted to put a warranty on it)

Oh and did I mention it's the only one in Viper Green from the 1421 Cayman R's that were produced, so proper Unicorn poo!

Serious discussions only, its very nice, ask anyone who has seen it, no test drives unless I'm driving, but to be fair if you don't know what a R is like to drive you probably won't be entertaining this one. Oh the price, £60,000 no offers considered so don't waste either of our time asking. 

Lots of photos on IG  https://www.instagram.com/vipercaymanr/?hl=en

DM me if you want a chat.

Thanks

Peter

20190628_153406.jpg.bb617e5bd3545343509d898eb5b11782.jpg

Just seen it’s up for sale again Pete?

Anything interesting on the horizon to replace it…?? 

• Like 1

Hi Nick 

In truth probably a 996 and a smaller mortgage 😐

But who knows, I might end up in something like a 991 GTS or 991T?

Something starting with a 9 and ending in 11.

On 27/06/2023 at 00:20, Julian987 said:

Hiya!

No, I ended up being ganged up upon in a thread, by a fair few PH'ers, where, whilst I caveated that its somewhat apples and oranges to base it on like-for-like (as it can't be like-for-like) I foresee a time when there will be price parity with low mileage/high spec 987S -vs- mid mileage/mid spec 981GTS/S  - and people called me the C word and totally went bananas at my POV! I have never known anything like it!

I thought life is too short to be dealing with PH people who are so rude. Some lovely folk over there, but boy some of them are bonkers. Normally i wouldn't mind but when it got into sweary name calling then I figured PH is actually quite a narrow minded and toxic forum. Unless you know your way around an air-cooled engine or every curve of the Nürburgring then it seems even if I was posting a news article or an interesting YT video I would get criticised! Couldn't win. I used to post a lot and share lots of news and videos on a whole host of threads but very few thanked me and I thought what am I doing this for....so haven't posted since being written-word-abused by sweary rude bitter types. Even if one doesn't agree with my POV, theres no need to be ill-mannered about things. PH mods did remove posts after my complaints  - I suspect some got banned as a result - I miss the Restomod 911 thread but other than that I can do without it! 

Good luck with your R sale. I was showing the folk at AutoFarm your listing as was up there today for a minor service and spotted your ad whilst waiting around. It really is a gem your car.

Side bar - they had 4 original 2.7 RS's in!... nuts.

Have you got sight on another car to replace it with? 

Cheers!

J

I've not logged onto or looked a PH for years now, just found everyone to be an expert and no one was allowed to have their own opinion... 

The last great thread on there for me was Secret Room 2 ....... "Nazi Bunker" which ended on the biggest cliff hanger ever on the 8th May 2012.... probably the last time I looked on there! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...