Cayman R Chat

40 minutes ago, Draven said:

My point exactly

To be fair with any 9x7 it is very difficult to steal without a working key, so as long as you are not careless with your keys I would doubt they would get stolen very easily. I work as an Auto Locksmith and it would take about 2-3 hours to make a key from scratch that would start the car which involves some serious dismantling. They are not proximity keys so they can't relay signals and AFAIK there is no quick way to bypass the security. Different story for some later Porsche models though 😕 9x7 security is pretty good. Anyone know of any been stolen without keys being stolen first?

14 hours ago, Draven said:

I don't think you'll go wrong with RPM or Autofarm as far as servicing goes, and if you do sell eventually, any Porsche enthusiast will be more than happy with seeing stamps from either in the service book, I know I would. 

Have booked it in with AutoFarm! :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Have booked it in with AutoFarm! :) 

Julian correct me if I am wrong have you not recently bought your CR 

Did it not come serviced for you or did you do a private deal with the car needing a service.

I am sure if your needing a service Autofarm have a good reputation so can't see a problem there.

Cheers.

33 minutes ago, Cliff R said:

Julian correct me if I am wrong have you not recently bought your CR 

Did it not come serviced for you or did you do a private deal with the car needing a service.

I am sure if your needing a service Autofarm have a good reputation so can't see a problem there.

Cheers.

Yes recently so. And bought with an understanding the last service was well over a year ago when it resided in the Channel Islands. But spoke with the old garage in Jersey who serviced the car since new, and they shared me history docs and good vibes on it. .. then yep also did the 111 too (plus a fresh MOT). Hopefully its fine! It all seems spot on. 

20 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Yes recently so. And bought with an understanding the last service was well over a year ago when it resided in the Channel Islands. But spoke with the old garage in Jersey who serviced the car since new, and they shared me history docs and good vibes on it. .. then yep also did the 111 too (plus a fresh MOT). Hopefully its fine! It all seems spot on. 

Nice one.

Cayman servicing is every 2 year intervals or mileage dependant.

• Founder
1 hour ago, Julian987 said:

I was trying to find a photo of your car, I have a suspicion I know the previous owner... 

5 minutes ago, Andy Fagan said:

Strange combination of wheels, Carrera Sports and looks like OZ Ultraleggera

Just read it properly they are Ispiri FFR1's , Still strange 😄

5 hours ago, Andy Fagan said:

Just read it properly they are Ispiri FFR1's , Still strange 😄

I hadn't noticed that. So actually it has just one of the holy three  - buckets, manual, spyders - ,being the buckets. 

• Like 1

So, egg on my face, but in a good way I feel. There I was about a month ago about to pay the remainder of the deposit on the R and then realised it was Basalt Black Metallic. I wobbled then on the purchase as I really wanted gloss black as after research had come to the conclusion that Basalt looks amazing indoors, but outdoors it can appear not a super deep black. My brother had a metallic black and it always struck me that it was just a shade or two away from pure black.

but hey, I forged ahead, travelled cross country to buy the car, saw it in real life and thought how lovely and deep black it is. And all the time since, I’ve thought to myself, gosh that Basalt really is a deep black.

so fast forward today and Mr Tipper informs me it is not metallic! Which threw me for a second and then I figured well, errrr whatever it is, I like it!  I haven’t questioned it since buying it so I guess I ended up with the colour I wanted all along (not withstanding the cons that come with the pros of non-metallic). 

so here she is, on Mr Tippers Twitter feed

after shots....

before shots....

I figured the flex was the flake but I guess it was just all the pollen build up and stuff all over it that lead me to stupidity!

hey either way, Basalt or not Basalt, both lovely, just in direct sunlight (remember I don’t have a garage) I prefer the depth of gloss black. 

So the moral of the story is I really don’t know what I am talking about! 😂

best regards 

julian

Had mine out yesterday for a nice drive out with some friends to a meeting at The B road Hunting club.

Good little venue and a good mix of cars present, mine was the only Cayman R but there were several GT4's.

20200831_113307.jpg

20200831_112847.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Julian987 said:

So, egg on my face, but in a good way I feel. There I was about a month ago about to pay the remainder of the deposit on the R and then realised it was Basalt Black Metallic. I wobbled then on the purchase as I really wanted gloss black as after research had come to the conclusion that Basalt looks amazing indoors, but outdoors it can appear not a super deep black. My brother had a metallic black and it always struck me that it was just a shade or two away from pure black.

but hey, I forged ahead, travelled cross country to buy the car, saw it in real life and thought how lovely and deep black it is. And all the time since, I’ve thought to myself, gosh that Basalt really is a deep black.

so fast forward today and Mr Tipper informs me it is not metallic! Which threw me for a second and then I figured well, errrr whatever it is, I like it!  I haven’t questioned it since buying it so I guess I ended up with the colour I wanted all along (not withstanding the cons that come with the pros of non-metallic). 

so here she is, on Mr Tippers Twitter feed

after shots....

before shots....

I figured the flex was the flake but I guess it was just all the pollen build up and stuff all over it that lead me to stupidity!

hey either way, Basalt or not Basalt, both lovely, just in direct sunlight (remember I don’t have a garage) I prefer the depth of gloss black. 

So the moral of the story is I really don’t know what I am talking about! 😂

best regards 

julian

Looking good 👍

10 hours ago, Budflicker said:

Had mine out yesterday for a nice drive out with some friends to a meeting at The B road Hunting club.

Good little venue and a good mix of cars present, mine was the only Cayman R but there were several GT4's.

20200831_113307.jpg

20200831_112847.jpg

Viper green always looks good On a Cayman I think my CS sport Ltd always got attention where ever I went more so than the more common orange.

Very nice.

14 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Viper green always looks good On a Cayman I think my CS sport Ltd always got attention where ever I went more so than the more common orange.

Very nice.

I think green is just a really great colour on most Porsches, 4x4 ones aside.