Searching for a 987.2 3.4S Manual

1 hour ago, GaryG182 said:

Well. Things have got interesting...I've ended up buying a manual 2009 987 Cayman S Sport in bright orange (GT3RS colour!?) with 33k on the clock. What have I done!

oh wow! Congratulations! Was it the Orange S sport one priced around £32k with all the modifications? 

2 hours ago, Stumac62 said:

Wow! Fantastic! That's great, well done mate. Have you seen it in the flesh then? Got any pics?

I'm still staring at ads and reading advice - in other words going over the top with research, as usual!

Stu.

This is me usually! I've acted completely out of character and "won" this auction! Will let you know how it pans out!

• Haha 1

Well at least you recognise the potential bore score issue. I don't know how CC works but can a bore score check be done (or has one been done) before handing over the money?

That's the only part of the lottery as a lovely thing. Yes, you paid top dollar but you only live once hey. I just wish there were more brightly colored 987's like this about.

1 minute ago, Andyoz said:

Well at least you recognise the potential bore score issue. I don't know how CC works but can a bore score check be done (or has one been done) before handing over the money?

That's the only part of the lottery as a lovely thing. Yes, you paid top dollar but you only live once hey. I just wish there were more brightly colored 987's like this about.

It has had an inspection previously, I think a year or so ago. There's no option really, pay the money and take the car...hope for the best! Seems crazy really and I'm quite anxious about it tbh. Now the question is, do I take it straight for a borescope inspection (any suggestions on where?) or do I run it and keep an eye for smoke/oil use etc and keep my fingers crossed.

Just get it and drive it. Most gen 1 owners stress about bore score the first month then just get on with it!

I personally think that as time goes on, it will be less of an issue in buyers minds as the 987 platform seems to be finally getting the respect it deserves.

7 minutes ago, GaryG182 said:

You reckon it's "top dollar"? From my research I've found a couple of similarly low mileage examples around the £30k mark.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 00.10.59.png

Oh, maybe you didn't. I take that back. How'd you manage to find them as there's not normally many sold to judge current market values. Are they active adverts?

Edited by Andyoz

9 hours ago, GaryG182 said:

This is it! What do we think, honest opinions?

That is a peach! stunning car.  I had assumed it was the other orange one, this....

https://www.william-francis.com/cars-for-sale/limited-edition-porsche-cayman-s-sport/

...but yours is lovely! Congratulations

10 hours ago, Julian987 said:

That is a peach! stunning car.  I had assumed it was the other orange one, this....

https://www.william-francis.com/cars-for-sale/limited-edition-porsche-cayman-s-sport/

...but yours is lovely! Congratulations

Yeah I saw that one, pretty cool but a lot of money and would have been better to do the work to a run of the mill cayman

6 hours ago, crafty1 said:

This one looks lovely!!

9 hours ago, Stumac62 said:

Just looked at your car. That looks fantastic! Great price too. Enjoy and show us pics when you get it please.

Thanks mate- update, collecting it tomorrow!

1 hour ago, GaryG182 said:

This one looks lovely!!

Thanks mate- update, collecting it tomorrow!

Oooh nice. Picking up a new car is one of those great days in life!

That example you sent the link to is a very nice one. Unfortunately red is my least favourite colour choice. 

I will keep looking. 

22 minutes ago, Stumac62 said:

Hi Gary. Did you collect your Cayman today?

Yes I did! Incredible car, ticks so many boxes for me, love it! 

Ive posted  in the Facebook group as I couldn’t upload pics here.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1036090366735190/permalink/1397167810627442/