How do I edit a post?

aslan

I'd try changing browsers to start with, Firefox is full of holes, which is why I stopped using it on my Macbook Pro. 

I just use Chrome now as it keeps all my bookmarks across machines and we can use it on our office PC's, haven't found anything it doesn't like yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

doesn't show edit on mine, macbook air running safari ?

scrap that it just did on this post or does it time out?

Edited by Nail it

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 April 2016 at 12:38, Nail it said:

doesn't show edit on mine, macbook air running safari ?

scrap that it just did on this post or does it time out?

Yes you're right, I can edit a post straight after using safari.  But I cannot edit an older post.  Is this right?

• 3 years later...
On 24/04/2016 at 12:25, Beanoir said:

I think there's a time limit of being able to go back and edit old posts, not sure how long after but I've noticed it, on other forums too. 

Any chance this can be changed to allow editing [Not just for the 15 minutes after posting: or whatever short timescale it is now] ?

***Even if only in the section for people with ongoing build threads perhaps ? 

I’d like to keep a running tally of updates / maintenance / costs - for reference, for my own benefit: and of course to show potential new owners some of ‘real Porsche ownership’ perhaps.

At the moment I’d need to copy and paste the old specs, add to it - and then do a new post in my topic for every (currently frequent) update.

IF a user was to be able to edit even just the first post in a build thread topic - it would mean specs / costs / modifications etc could be somewhat ‘silently’ brought up to date without needing numerous new posts to do so....

This is the case on many vehicle forums I’m on and allows for updates without additional ‘clutter’ / bandwidth etc etc.

Just a thought and hoping it’s something you might consider.

• 2 months later...
  • Founder
On 15/09/2019 at 11:44, sevenfourate said:

Any chance this can be changed to allow editing [Not just for the 15 minutes after posting: or whatever short timescale it is now] ?

***Even if only in the section for people with ongoing build threads perhaps ? 

I’d like to keep a running tally of updates / maintenance / costs - for reference, for my own benefit: and of course to show potential new owners some of ‘real Porsche ownership’ perhaps.

At the moment I’d need to copy and paste the old specs, add to it - and then do a new post in my topic for every (currently frequent) update.

IF a user was to be able to edit even just the first post in a build thread topic - it would mean specs / costs / modifications etc could be somewhat ‘silently’ brought up to date without needing numerous new posts to do so....

This is the case on many vehicle forums I’m on and allows for updates without additional ‘clutter’ / bandwidth etc etc.

Just a thought and hoping it’s something you might consider.

We’re looking to change this on some forum threads - should be updated soon 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Beanoir said:

OK, you should be able to edit posts now, unlimited time frame for Members.  👍

Thankyou very much from me.

I shall be taking advantage of this kind offer very shortly !