Looking to buy first Porsche 987.1 or 987.2 or S

3 hours ago, futureechos said:

😁 Except max I want to do is £25K, perhaps £26K.

A year ago, fine, but you may find it is now no longer a case of saying:

"max I want to do is £25K"

more so...

"max I now need to get anything half decent is £27 - £30K"

You'll find one at £25K, there is no shortage - I'd argue they are a bit nondescript and leggy but they exist, you could go buy one today for that amount  - but then may have to foot a bill for another £5K over X year/s vs putting more upfront for a fitter one. 

Edited by Julian987

59 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

A year ago, fine, but you may find it is now no longer a case of saying:

"max I want to do is £25K"

more so...

"max I now need to get anything half decent is £27 - £30K"

You'll find one at £25K, there is no shortage - I'd argue they are a bit nondescript and leggy but they exist, you could go buy one today for that amount  - but then may have to foot a bill for another £5K over X year/s vs putting more upfront for a fitter one. 

Yeah- this is how I got from £15K to £20K…. The old ‘for just a bit extra I could also have …..’

(rinse and repeat)

At some point I’ve got to just stop.. 

6 hours ago, futureechos said:

😁 Except max I want to do is £25K, perhaps £26K.

Wait till May next year, buy mine for £25.5k.

learn to love white (it is the best colour anyway 😉) and realise that a manual 987 is the most connected drivers car you could ever wish for… 😁

On 25/10/2021 at 22:08, Julian987 said:

For not that much more in the great scheme of things, I prefer this https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12250069

as it is an S, whereas your one is the base. No bad thing in principle but £25K for a non-S seems a bit pricey to me with that mileage.

I sense you only want Grey or silver though yep?

Agreed, the price of that non S does seem a tad much!

I'm fairly sure this S is the car I viewed at RSJ back in August when I was looking for my car. I'd initially been interested in another car that they had, although when I rang that had sold but they had another similar car just in.

I was told I'd definitely buy it if I viewed it which was confident talk for a car that was just in and not even cleaned or prepped. I did view it and didn't buy it... I found it hard to see the finished product as the paint was rather swirly etc. At the time it was also up for 30K so it's lowly coming down.

The thing I look for before anything else is colour!

Personally I would be loathed to buy such an amazing car in such a dull colour like 95% of all Porsche 911's , Caymans and Boxsters are, the Black, Silver , Grey and all shades in between.

A always skim through the ads until one catches my eye and the Orange one certainly did when that was up for sale recently, then you can look at the spec and see if it suits but I would rather take a 2.7 or 2.9 in the right colour over an S in a boring grey.

Remember you can change all the mechanicals , it's just nuts and bolts but without spending a fortune , lots of work and devaluing your car , you can't change the colour.

I was lucky , a got the right colour and the right spec.

IMG_2151.JPG

Edited by Stephen Auty

On 26/10/2021 at 14:30, futureechos said:

Yeah- this is how I got from £15K to £20K…. The old ‘for just a bit extra I could also have …..’

(rinse and repeat)

At some point I’ve got to just stop.. 

here you go

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202110288987799

as it’s got the full extended leather and the description mentions how well maintained it has been cared for.

PDK and the colour you like. 
That’s got your name on it. 

8 hours ago, Julian987 said:

here you go

as it’s got the full extended leather and the description mentions how well maintained it has been cared for.

And it’s even kept ‘under ground for best condition’ - it must live in a James Bond villain’s lair…. 🤔🤨🤣

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2021 at 13:22, Julian987 said:

here you go

I couldn't buy a Gen 2 PDK without paddles. Seeing them just makes me wonder what the original customer was thinking!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, futureechos said:

Apologies for being quiet in recent weeks, but the good news is I put a deposit down today on a black gen 2, 2011.

so happy, but wanted to thank everyone who has answered questions and given great advice. I finally made it.

😀

congratulations. Please share some pics and spec info once you collect it, would love to see what you got.

12 hours ago, futureechos said:

Apologies for being quiet in recent weeks, but the good news is I put a deposit down today on a black gen 2, 2011.

so happy, but wanted to thank everyone who has answered questions and given great advice. I finally made it.

😀

Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing a picture 👍🏼

On 13/11/2021 at 20:29, Julian987 said:

congratulations. Please share some pics and spec info once you collect it, would love to see what you got.

Only a couple of pics, hope to pick up Saturday.

• 2011(61) 
  • 2.9L
  • 61,000 miles
  • FPSH
  • Manual, Gloss Black
  • Full Black Leather Interior
  • 18" Boxster S II Alloy Wheels
  • Porsche Communications Management with Satellite Navigation Module (Europe Package)
  • Touchscreen Radio / Sat Nav, Bluetooth Connectivity
  • ASK Sound System Upgrade
  • Aux / USB / i-Pod Connectivity
  • Rear Parking Sensors, 3 Spoke Sports Steering Wheel in Smooth Leather
  • Heated Seats
  • Non sports seats (which is what I preferred)
  • 6 months warranty 

Only extra I really would have liked was the Bose, but you can't have everything... (not with my budget)

If I really don't like the audio I can take a look at that later..  mostly engine noises for the first few months will be OK I expect. :)

Inked2021-11-13_10-43-23_167_LI.jpg

Inked2021-11-13_10-43-34_111_LI.jpg

2021-11-12_18-20-03_000.png

• Like 1