Bigger Brake options for 987.2S?

Liongolfer

10 hours ago, Liongolfer said:

LOL.  is there any way to test if the part is defective?

The only possible failure would be the seal.  If you fill it with fluid, it doesn't leak and it pumps it through, then it's working.

Do you have basic tools and fluid?  I could talk you through this on a video call.  It's so easy to do.

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The only possible failure would be the seal.  If you fill it with fluid, it doesn't leak and it pumps it through, then it's working.

Do you have basic tools and fluid?  I could talk you through this on a video call.  It's so easy to do.

I'm next to totally useless mechanically but I thank you for your offer.

I'll ask my mech to try this.

43 minutes ago, Liongolfer said:

I'm next to totally useless mechanically but I thank you for your offer.

I'll ask my mech to try this.

This might be helpful; it might not be: https://youtu.be/vSjg73byLIg

We are all mechanically useless until we pick up a spanner and try.

3 hours ago, andygo said:

One thought I had was to make sure your man is bleeding the brakes using both the inner and outer bleed nipples on each caliper.

I've heard that apparently even some OPC's don't ....not only is it stupid it eventually leaves you with a seized inner bleeder and expensive repairs!!!

1 hour ago, Andyoz said:

I've heard that apparently even some OPC's don't ....not only is it stupid it eventually leaves you with a seized inner bleeder and expensive repairs!!!

My 987.2 had 22,000 miles on it with full OPC history. The inner bleed nipples had never been touched and the nasty pollen filter was date stamped 2015. The oil filter housing was filthy and grimy.

IMHO an OPC service record is not worth the paper it's stamped on when it's obvious stuff hasn'tr been done.