Swapping my 987.2cs for a 981 - S or GTS

andygo

Drive a GTS, tbh i jumped from a GTS into an S and mechanically couldn't tell them apart.  If it's for the aesthetics or desirability then i totally get it especially if you get the carbon buckets. 

I did however drive a 718s the next day and it felt quite a bit faster. 

Flat 6 all the way for me though but i can't argue with the turbo torque.

Edited by Neil_jdmr

I looked at a 2015 manual 981 GTS with 10k miles around April last year before prices went crazy and that was £47k then. 

so I think the price represents current market. 

sadly though this one has the ‘wrong’ steering wheel for PDK. Those buttons just don’t provide enough interaction and the wheel is not befitting of the more modern design of the 981 IMO. 

a flappy-paddle sports design wheel from an OPC would probably cost around £1300+, but you may find a used one for less, but rare as hens teeth id proffer… 🤔🤷‍♂️

I did the same and one gts i drove had 21k miles and was 44k this time last year.  The same spec car is 53k now. 

Also i hasn't realised any GTS came with those all pdk buttons.  They really kill the whole car for personally. 

I enquired because an S i liked had them yep £1300 new plus fitting and coding they told me.  I do believe it's a 30 min swap job though.

There was one rough one on ebay for £600 a while back. 

Edited by Neil_jdmr