Nice 987.2S on Façebook

Andyoz

If I was in the market for a lowish mile/owner gen 2, I'd be messaging this lad with an offer just over WBAC. Already has Spyders and black mirrors/vent.

It's of Facebook group "Porsche 987 Owners Club"

ER4WPqg.jpg

13 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

What’s happened there then? Is that busted or purposely done as a low rider? how could it even drive like that? 

It doesn't move when it's that low.  It's on air (it can adjust ride height up and down).

Putting air suspension on a Porsche is just sinful.

36 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It doesn't move when it's that low.  It's on air (it can adjust ride height up and down).

Putting air suspension on a Porsche is just sinful.

I see, thank you, though what I don't see is how could anyone regard that as a good look nor a good idea. Seems utterly bonkers to me

1 hour ago, Julian987 said:

I see, thank you, though what I don't see is how could anyone regard that as a good look nor a good idea. Seems utterly bonkers to me

It's the "stance" look that became popular a few years back: wider rims, obscene amounts of negative camber, and ultra low ride height.  You would usually see a hatchback VW or Audi sporting the look.  This car didn't quite make it all of the way, it would appear.

I did think the top picture had an unheathly amount of arch gap, then scrolled down to see it air'd out...... 

Air, if done well can be pretty good, but a decent set up is vasty different from that you find on cars that can scrape their backbox on the floor.... 

I saw this car in a car park in the Bristol area a few years ago and met the owner who seemed a nice guy.  He enthusiastically showed me the air system installation which took up most of the front boot and demonstrated it working.  I'd never seen one operated before and was astonished at how quickly it drops the car. 

Not for me but I wouldn't rule the car out assuming it has/can be reverted to standard, based on my brief impression of the owner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Julian987 said:

it just seems a monumental waste of money and effort though. 

Not to everyone though, that's the point. 

Some people like to cruise around and show their car, have it look a certain way etc.... who's to say it doesn't drive just fine when adjusted to a decent ride height.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...