Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

8 minutes ago, jogger321 said:

I hope I'm not contravening any forum rules putting an ebay link..but is this for real?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165385575161?hash=item2681bf9af9:g:DmQAAOSwa2NiMKIB

Think it's a previous write-off...? Still seems cheap though!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/704463707469545/

Could be a good deal for someone. It's ostensibly cheap for the miles, OK spec, but service history not totally ideal. Last two services are 2015 and 2019. Low miles in between services, but four years in between services a bit off putting. Is it really too much to ask to pay for an oil change once every two years?

Has lived outside since 2011, if you care about that kind of thing (I do!).

It's probably not quite the bargain it first seems, but could still be value.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 20:25, MartinF6 said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/704463707469545/

Could be a good deal for someone. It's ostensibly cheap for the miles, OK spec, but service history not totally ideal. Last two services are 2015 and 2019. Low miles in between services, but four years in between services a bit off putting. Is it really too much to ask to pay for an oil change once every two years?

Has lived outside since 2011, if you care about that kind of thing (I do!).

It's probably not quite the bargain it first seems, but could still be value.

Someone basing their services on mileage rather than years I'd guess. If it hasn't done the miles then the oil will still generally be doing its job. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Someone basing their services on mileage rather than years I'd guess. If it hasn't done the miles then the oil will still generally be doing its job. 

The problem is that regardless of the reality of how much if any difference it makes to the actual condition of the car, most people willing to pay a higher market price will want the correct service history. The official servicing requirements are so minimal (too minimal in my view, 20k miles is far too long, but that's another story), it's hardly onerous to keep that up.

It costs the same as about a couple of tanks of fuel to get an interim oil service. Seller maybe saved £500 ish in servicing, probably thousands lost at resale. It really makes no sense not to do it.

No, it has always been that price. Which is why I commented on it being peculiarly priced given the same dealer had a very similar car on 25k fewer miles for £28.5k.

Someone else suggested perhaps it is on SoR. And indeed it is. Can't see it selling at that price even from 911V. £30k at 65,000 miles is a bit silly.

Edited by MartinF6

6 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Mine is now for sale:

Bet you it is sold by end of day. Good luck with the sale. What are you moving on to next?

45 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Bet you it is sold by end of day. Good luck with the sale. What are you moving on to next?

Thanks Julian - moving on to a GTS4.0.

‘Ordered’ in December, received email last week from Porsche HQ that my order is now in their system and I’m at ‘stage 2’ (of 5) in the process. Stage 3 is allocation of build date, so fingers crossed I’ll be notified of that during the summer, for an autumn build… 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ash131 said:

Looks very nice, I wish you all the best with the sale. 

Thanks Ash - do please spread the word… 😉

might sound a cliche to say, but I really want her to go to someone who’ll give her the same care and ‘love’ I have done. She was (and always shall be) my first porker and I feel like I’m just ditching her for a newer model…

so many comparisons between cars and women eh…. 😁🫢

Shiny. Be interesting to see what it goes for. Hard to value. 74k miles and a bit skinny on spec, but it's a BE with the 330PS engine and has a decent service history. Not sure how much extra people tend to pay for the BE thing.

How are you meant to buy a car like that on CC? Pay for an inspection speculatively while the auction is ongoing with no guarantee that you'll be the winning bidder? Think if you win the auction you have to pay the fee regardless if an inspection post auction shows up something catastrophic...

Interesting test of the market. Six months ago that's probably a £28k car given the mileage. I looked at a couple of BEs in the summer before buying the Sport. One was a very tidy automatic with 40k miles and the other a rougher manualh on 60k with some work needed, both sold for £27k.

Wow, the Cayman gen 2 at 911v has found a new owner. Great to see people are still spending rather than being down trodden by our media. 

22 minutes ago, Ash131 said:

Wow, the Cayman gen 2 at 911v has found a new owner. Great to see people are still spending rather than being down trodden by our media. 

I bet it was this guy who bought it: 

8418340122d92615749f417bfcbe6719.jpg

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MartinF6 said:

£22k Facebook car has had a quick wipe with a damp cloth and marketed at £28k.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205246047589

Nice work if you can get it!

£6K for a fresh service, MOT and 6 months warranty. Depending on what the service threw up it might actually be about right. its leather dash, surely its got your name on it?

Slightly, but not hugely tempted. I like the mileage, but not much else. All the previous issues remain. Lived outside the last 11 years. Had only been serviced once since 2015. Last plug change was about 10 years ago, which really isn't great.

I don't know Cridfords, so no idea if they can be trusted if, for instance, they say they've done the plugs. Leaving the plugs too long on these engines can have catastrophic consequences as the thread sticks through into the combustion chamber. If you leave them too long, they can get stuck and break when trying to remove them, and then you're in a world of pain.

From what the seller told me, Cridfords would have bought the car Tuesday PM, so not a huge amount of time between then and today to prep the car properly. They only cover the car for six months, too. Some of the better dealers do a year, which is plenty of time to shake out any major existing issues. At that kind of mark up, a full year would be nice.

Would all come down to if they really have prepped it properly, I suppose. The brake discs look pretty shagged.

Edited by MartinF6