Carmine Red GTS

Red5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/08/2016 at 20:25, Red5 said:

Well it's been a year already (last Sunday)  :shock: 

We've had loads of nice drives and covered just under 13k miles. Every one of them has been a joy!  8) 
Such an amazing car in performance, looks and quality :)

No second thoughts about the colour scheme inside or out. It's lovely and draws a bit of attention from time to time. In a good way too :)

Sleepy lane hoggers even move over more, which is nice! Some just don't want a fast red pointy car bearing down on them, some just want to have a look / listen as we go past. Either way, it can make motorway driving in the UK a little less annoying. Contrary to popular belief, we also get let out of side turnings more often / quickly too.

There's so much luggage space for two as well. When we're off away somewhere, we just have one end each and have space for more. We even took fold up chairs to Spa last autumn. (Off there again soon for the classic 6hr event, if anyone else is going) 

There was one return to the dealer early on, for a squeaky seat and window limit, but otherwise it's been fault free motoring. We used one litre of oil just after running in and another 500ml sinse then, so no worries there. 

Iva has seen 150mph on the Autobahn, but I wasn't there :(

Perhaps I'll get to have a go next spring on a visit to see her Mum in the Czech Republic.

I had a pair of rear tyres fitted last week. More of the same P-Zero NO to match the front. Next time it'll need a full set, so hope there's a Porsche aproved Michelin option to try by then.

My 135i went through tyres exactly twice as fast, so this has been a refreshing change. Although at 265/35/20 I'm glad they last better!!! 

Mods.....
Well I did say when new it was more than enough car for me as standard......
The sports chassis is firm but forgiving, the exhaust open/closed valve is perfect and sounds epic  :twisted: 

I still stand by that comment about not needing mods.......almost  :oops: 

There has been one single non Porsche aproved modification recently.

The front was just too open, causing so many people to need new rads! 
So I used the CaymanOC 20% off at Zunsport for a full set of front grills. They fit really well and remove the radiator Russian roulette, that I felt motorway driving was becoming.   

image_zpsbqkqxlgx.jpeg

image_zpszpgv292b.jpeg

So all in all, I'd say it a big thumbs up from us! It's a keeper  8)  8)  8)

They look really good on your car.  Love the glossy black trim also.  

On 17/10/2016 at 21:03, CaymanDave said:

They look really good on your car.  Love the glossy black trim also.  

Thank you, we think so too :-)