What do you do for best results ?

I like Auto glym products and have some I wish to use on car as yet to give it a good clean since owning,. So I have tie super resin polish and clear coat and then some wax,. So is it best to clean polish clear coat and wax or clean polish wax then clear coat ? 

Advice apprieciated 

The first one :)

wax ax is the last stage and always goes on top of sealant, but never the other way round. Sealant will stick to paint well, but not wax. 

You our might want to add a decontamination stage in there too. After your wash, you should run your hand down the lower flanks of the rotors etc. If you can feel and bits stuck to the paint, you could use some medium auto clay, to remove this first. It should feel like glass then :)

just don't press hard and keep it really wet. Give those areas a little more washing after, just to be use all the detritus is gone, before you get the SRP out. 

• Like 1

Yes,   was also looking at adding clay barring to process,   Thank you,  just given me excuse to go for blast down to Halfords :D

weather rubbish were i am today.  will  get round to the whole job soon,   will post pics of results. 

I bought the maguires one as more clay bar,. The AG one had polish in which I've already got and only 50g clay bar, maguires has same towels cloths quick detailed lube and two clay bars for 3quid more so all ready to spend time on car just need a dry day and one when not at work.

As I've done for the last 40 years, wash (Auto Glym Shampoo & Conditioner) then a good polish (SRP).

Never had time for this new fangled stuff!

Polished the whole car today with SRP and I really can't see how it could be improved upon, although it did have a body treatment when new as it was a Porsche GB head office car for its first 6 months.

The Meguiars clay is my preferred option, the clay seems to be more user friendly than the AG stuff.
Just a thought, but check the car for tar before you start. Clay will probably lift the tar for you, but it contaminates the clay and might end up being dragged along the paint surface. If you have much tar you might be better off using Autoglymm tar spot remover before claying. Either dab it on with a cloth or spray it on to the area, then watch the tar dissolve and run down the paint. A gentle wipe with a cloth will lift it away.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Washed the car today and instead of leathering off I used AG Rapid Aqua Wax, as here: https://www.autoglym.com/rapid-aqua-wax-complete-kit

So quick and easy. I'd spread it and polished it off in the same time as it'd take me to leather. This was on top of some unknown paint protection process from new, per the previous owner. The car was a PGB Reading car for the first 6 months. No idea which system it is...

Edited by DJMC

I guess it's fairly similar to the Sonax? 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007O9CXHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We were recommended this by a professional detailed, as a product that equals many LSP products he's tried! 

Again, makes drying the car easier, as it brakes the surface tension of the residual water, allowing easy evaporation.

Along with it being super slidey :)

Not used anything else for a couple for years now. It's that good! 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, richjar said:

I used Chemical Guys Diablo wheel cleaner and decon decontaminate on the wheels, snow foam, V7 shampoo, after wash drying aid, V7 hybrid detailer/sealer and tyre gel. It has been previously been finished with white glaze and wax.

Oh and gave the leather a little clean with Gliptone gentle cleaner and conditioner

Whats this V7 sealant like, does it last well? 

Beanoir, always happy to link up one day and give yours a good going over...

987Monkey, I think the V7 sealant is okay. It is difficult to gauge how long it lasts, as on the Porsche- I don't use it all that much. But on my daily driver it lasts a reasonable amount of time.

I'm currently looking for other brands to check out as the customer service I had received from Chemical Guys is shocking!!! - Time to move to a new brand...

18 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Great work! It's hard to get white looking shiny I find.  

1 hour ago, 987Monkey said:

Whats this V7 sealant like, does it last well? 

As above, meant to quote the comments...