Help me convince my friend a 3.4 Cayman gen 2 is a better decision than a Z4. Any takers?

14 hours ago, Julian987 said:

i concur. At least test drive an R and a GT4. You haven’t test drove the very car that you are saving up for 🤷‍♂️ 

No point in driving one until I can afford one to be honest, I don't want to waste anyone's time.

When I can afford it ill go drive one before pulling the trigger and if I don't like it ill find something else I do like :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having owned  Z4 3.0 Si, the one major note is STEERING!!!  The Z4 is a great all rounder in many ways and a good second best to a Cayman. It’s the lack of steering feel that lets it down in a big way. 

Now, a Z4 M is a different matter…

• Like 1

On 22/06/2022 at 06:13, Porschaholic said:

Having owned  Z4 3.0 Si, the one major note is STEERING!!!  The Z4 is a great all rounder in many ways and a good second best to a Cayman. It’s the lack of steering feel that lets it down in a big way. 

Now, a Z4 M is a different matter…

I don’t want a Z4M I have it’s better older brother the E46 M3 :)

I am still looking at all options and haven’t bought a car yet, lots of over priced or poorly maintained cars for sale currently. Prices do seem to be going down as well so I won’t be rushing. A few nice spec caymans popping up but maintenance is lacking on most so a big no no from me.  

On 07/06/2022 at 19:18, Matt_Chaps said:

My good pal Ash (on this forum) is having a real debate with himself over whether he should thing with his head (Z4, cheaper, daily territory and still fun) or his heart – a Porsche Cayman 3.4 S.

Key questions are:

Is it a relatively safe investment? 

Anyone who also owned a Z4…main takeaways? 

Is it worth stretching to a 3.4 S over a 2.9 or gen 1 2.7? 

Thanks in advance.

I’ve had 2 Z4’s E85 and E86 both M’s, I really liked them both, the S54 is really fizzy and loves being revved out, that said I prefer my Cayman S to drive out of the 3 of them, I don’t think it’s as quick but feels more balanced and much better built, an E85 M is about £15-18K and an E86 from £21K ish currently 👍🏼