Baby seat and airbag deactivation?

Hi fellow Cayman Owners,

This is my first post and hoping for some help and advice,

I've had my Cayman S (2006) for 2 years now and love it to bits, my partner is pregnant and ready to give birth any day now, after toying around with getting a family car iv been on a few test drives and as expected nothing compares to the Cayman, So..... iv decided to keep it but i need to find a solutions for transporting the young one to and from grannies for the odd spot of baby sitting, i know the obvious solution would be to get a 911 (with back seats) but i just don't have the moneys right now, i have read about buying a kit to turn off the airbag and a device for the front seat,

Has anyone fitted this to their car? or does anyone know what bits i need to order ive done some 'google' searching but get a lot of different answers,

Any help would be great,

Cheers - Nathan.

Welcome! 

I can't really help as I only have a small booster seat for our 7year old, but never had a baby seat.  I believe the seat/airbag works on weight limits though or something like that, I'd be hesitant to say there is any other way than installing the Porsche car seat to turn off the airbag...

Thanks Phil, yes i have read that about the weight sensor but wasn't sure if that was on newer models as my car is a 2006, just wanting to make sure its off,

Thanks for your reply and ill keep this thread posted as to what i end up doing

• 2 weeks later...
On 31 May 2016 at 12:15, cayman blue said:

Thanks Phil, yes i have read that about the weight sensor but wasn't sure if that was on newer models as my car is a 2006, just wanting to make sure its off,

Thanks for your reply and ill keep this thread posted as to what i end up doing

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?  I expect its a niche problem given most guys with young children are forced into 'family cars'