2.7 Gen1 987 (Modified)

Equinox

2 hours ago, Cay-Man said:

Looks like a lot of 'bits & bobs' to me, what exactly have you done, is it mainly cosmetic? 

It's has:

- 981 Wheels

- H&R Lowering springs

- Carbon fibre Interior trim

- Retrimmed interior and steering wheel in Alcantar by Royal Steering Wheels

- Aero front splitter 

- Xclusive Customz Side skirts

- Xclusive Customz GT rear Wing

- Joe Toth rear diffuser

- Custom Sports Manifold and stainless exhaust by Infinity

And a few other details here and there.

• Like 1

Tell me that rear wing has been photo-shopped in! :/

Each to their own... I guess...

(We were all THINKING it!)

Edited by DJMC

8 hours ago, Beanoir said:

looks smart.  Did Royal do your gearshift gator? 

Yeh he did the gear gaiter, gear stick and handbrake handle and cover and padded up and trimmed the steering wheel to. Going to get him on the door pockets next but he is a top guy and the work is flawless.

8 hours ago, DJMC said:

Tell me that rear wing has been photo-shopped in! :/

Each to their own... I guess...

(We were all THINKING it!)

Nope no Photoshop here.

I absolutely love the rear wing but it's safe to say it's not to everyone's taste. But be it a used Cayman someone's modified or even someone specing a brand new Cayman for their own personal taste it's always going to not be someone else's cup of tea. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Equinox said:

Yeh he did the gear gaiter, gear stick and handbrake handle and cover and padded up and trimmed the steering wheel to. Going to get him on the door pockets next but he is a top guy and the work is flawless.

Good to hear, I'm looking at a new wheel from them as my next mod.

5 hours ago, Equinox said:

Nope no Photoshop here.

I absolutely love the rear wing but it's safe to say it's not to everyone's taste. But be it a used Cayman someone's modified or even someone specing a brand new Cayman for their own personal taste it's always going to not be someone else's cup of tea. :)

I have to admit I wouldn't have it on mine, but I like to blend into the background, especially when parked, and its a bit 'shouty' for me
Doesn't mean its a bad thing though :) 

8 hours ago, Equinox said:

Nope no Photoshop here.

I may have done something like that in my younger "look at me" days, but I prefer to blend now.

Well, of course that's not strictly true when you're driving a car people tend to look at in it's standard guise anyway!

We all have different tastes, as you say.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Equinox said:

So few more changes to the Porsche recently. Ended up wrapping some of the interior yellow to match the stitching and other interior mods. Gone for a yellow Cayman stripe on the door and yellow fogs. Going to plastidip the wheels black and do the calipers gloss black with yellow decals.

2016-08-08 19.40.17.jpg

2016-08-08 19.40.57.jpg

I like what you've done, needs a yellow key ring though! 

• Like 1

Is that your wallet full of spending money in the passenger footwell? :D.

Although maybe not to my taste you've created a car of striking appearance, and you've done it well too as far as I can tell from the pictures. Maybe you need a non-age related registration now?

Edited by twopointnine
typo corrected

I'm a fan up to the addition of the Yellow details, not sure on them yet, but with the rate this is changing then I'm sure it'll blend in with the rest of it soon. 

Some people will frown upon a Cayman being modded unless for track use, but we all do it and like to make changes to suit our tastes. 

Keep the updates coming and welcome along :)

• Like 1

On 9 August 2016 at 08:40, Equinox said:

So few more changes to the Porsche recently. Ended up wrapping some of the interior yellow to match the stitching and other interior mods. Gone for a yellow Cayman stripe on the door and yellow fogs. Going to plastidip the wheels black and do the calipers gloss black with yellow decals.

2016-08-08 19.40.17.jpg

Love the yellow on this fella, in fact I love the car, smart stuff! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Few small updates:

- Car had been running a tad groggy and not quite right recently, which I had put down to me being a bit over sensitive. However decided to just go through and check over everything in the engine bay. Ended up finding a hose clamp for the intake manifolds had come loose so was causing a leak on WOT. Quick 5 min replacement and it was back to its perky self.

- Finally got round to painting the brake calipers. Decided against the standard yellow calipers people sometimes do. Not wanting to seem like it was trying to look like carbon ceramic brakes. Decided on a gloss black finish and Yellow Brembo decals.

IMG_20160904_174532.jpg

IMG_20160904_175455.jpg

- Decided to trade in the faded coloured centre caps for some silver and gloss black ones.

IMG_20160904_172054.jpg

• Like 1