PCM 3 update

Well that didn't go to plan! After sitting for half hour they informed me the "wrong disc had been delivered."

It's now re booked in for next Friday when they are going to collect my car and drop off when complete.

Have just emailed them and asked for a 20% discount to cover my wasted fuel and time, hopefully they'll oblige. 

Update, having just realised I can't risk being without my car next Friday as I'm off to see the mighty Queensryche at the robin I've rescheduled for Wed when they are coming to collect and then drop off when complete, they have also agreed to the 20% off so I'm getting the job done for £120, a £30 saving, factor in my wasted fuel costs and i am about £15 better off so can't grumble to much. 

• Like 1

Yeah, waste of a half day holiday from work but I did find out that wolves was easier to get to (motorway traffic permitting) and actually 2 miles shorter journey then my previous "local" opc, Wilmslow.

Nice brand new building as well and the coffee and biscuits were good lol! 

Update now complete, car collected and dropped back off as advised and charged the agreed £120.

Not had chance to try out the navigation yet to see if I can see any major differences but I do know I now have 7 digit post code entry which will make life a lot easier. The version is 2.24 which I know is already 3 years old but now that I have the 7 digit entry it's something I won't ever bother updating again. 

So... do they keep the disc YOU'VE paid for to stop it entering the PCM "black market"?

Or does it do a Mission Impossible type self -destruct after the update?

Or... do you drive off with it, thinking you can sell it, only to find it's "single use"?

When I get in my car in the morning I will press the eject button, if you never hear from me again, then, you've got it, it's self destructed, taking me with it! If however nothing happens (as I expect)  then yes, they've kept the disc. The third, final and unlikely option, will be that a nice Porsche update disc will pop out. Watch this space (or maybe not lol) 

• Like 1

So how are you finding the new Nav software? Are there any noticeable updates other than the 7-digit postcode entry? 

I was hoping to see a graphics update and speed camera's etc added. I'm not a fan of the false sky effect in 'night mode'.

Guys, the satnav worked great, it's Fab being able to input the full post code and for me at least, worth the cost just for that.

It gave good, early lane change instructions and a good visual indicator for both lane required and distance left before and turn. I can't really compare it to before the update from a maps point of view as I hadn't used it enough to get familiar with.

Anyone considering the update, if you can get it for the £150 I would go for it for sure. 

• Like 1

Yeah think it's a matter of getting lucky and finding a dealership who have it on offer, I tried Wilmslow, Bolton and Chester who all wanted £300 before stumbling across Wolves which now happens to be my nearest so happy days. 

• Founder
4 hours ago, GregD2016 said:

So are there any updates that include extra information such as speed cameras and speed limits? I miss my old Mercedes system :-(

Do you miss the car built around the nav?

Having come from a modern car with everything you could imagine, it is almost like stepping back in time getting into the 987 (even with it being the facelift model). I appreciate that owning one of these cars, it's all about the driving experience, however at 24 years old, I like gadgets as much as the next guy, if not more so. The fact that I use it as a daily, as well as being a Jock in England, unfamiliar with the roads etc, I miss the comprehensive software on newer cars, hence my questions regarding the update...