My latest mod

Stokepotter

On 17 August 2016 at 20:18, Stokepotter said:

So following on from the exhaust upgrade and zunsport grilles I've now swapped over the stock colour coded side vents for black vents. I think they break up the white and match my wheels.

I've seen some pics where the door mirrors are also done black and another, the rear spoiler, not sure whether to take that step in the future but here she is for now. 

IMG_20160817_200735.jpg

IMG_20160817_200831.jpg

Do you have any pics of the Zunsport grilles? How did the installation go? I'm thinking about buying the rear set in black to hide my exhaust a bit better...

Greg.

Hi Greg, here's a pic of the grilles, they look really professional ,OEM to be honest. I was lucky enough to be passing Zunsport themselves so called in and did them a favour for which they fitted the grilles for me, but I was all set to fit them and looks a real easy job, certainly the front ones anyway. I've not got any for the back yet but may go down that route next year. 

IMG_20160802_141810245_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stokepotter said:

Think they call them satin black, there's a you tube video available which shows the manufacturing process. Yes, there's a club discount, see the thread on here. 

Perfect, rear set ordered in black :D

Cheers!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twopointnine said:

I like the black roof - I would be very tempted to get that done if I had a white car.

That shape wouldn't be too hard to wrap yourself if you took some time to cut it in well, and probably wouldn't really cost much to get it wrapped by another either. 

Plus, with a wrap you can just remove it if you have a change of heart. 

I'm not a fan of the mirrors in silver though, defiantly black. 

On 19 August 2016 at 14:10, Beanoir said:

Good job i'm not busy today eh ;) 

Your car: 

15548329.jpg

I'm not liking the silver mirrors now.

For the black roof to work I think it has to go wider to line up with the windscreen edges, and also further back to join with the rear screen. Like this, but a little wider still...

20140531_194400.jpg

Or... try and get the whole top of the car black, a little like this...

rides-ferrari-458-red-vellano-featured.jpg

• Like 1

My Zunsport grilles for the rear of my 987 arrived today, opened them up to find that drilling of the bumper is required to install them:4fvgdaq_th:,  the job is pretty easy but I'm not willing to drill holes in the car for non-standard parts...  Sending them back in the morning unless anyone wants them for £60?

Mmm, I wasn't  going to bother with the rears and I've spent a fortune this last month or so.

If someone else can give you £60 or you can return them without any trouble then do that.

If however, you are unable to do either, I'll give you £50 (but don't tell the Mrs!) 

6 minutes ago, Stokepotter said:

Mmm, I wasn't  going to bother with the rears and I've spent a fortune this last month or so.

If someone else can give you £60 or you can return them without any trouble then do that.

If however, you are unable to do either, I'll give you £50 (but don't tell the Mrs!) 

You can have them for £50 plus postage of your choice... Otherwise I'll send them back in the morning.

OK Greg thanks, I was hoping you were local and I would have collected them myself, I think the postage costs will push it back up too much. You might as well send them back mate, thanks for the offer though. 

• 2 weeks later...