Peridot Green Cayman R

dirtbiker

On 12/30/2016 at 14:17, Porker said:

The rubber feet on the front look angled? The Thule ones look straight, is there a pet number or are they custom made/modified? 

The rubber inserts to the footpack are straight as far as I recall but shape to fit the roof of the car as the hold-down bolts are tightened.

Only issue I'm having at the moment is a bit of wind noise - I think  it's down to resonance in the channels of the bars but some strategically placed duck tape didn't work so need to come up with a solution!

As a mad keen mountain biker this is such a useful tip. I've searched the internet for roof rack options for the Cayman and had come to the conclusion it was the Porsche RTS or nothing. I've already got the bars and a set of 751 feet for my BMW, so all I need is the fitting kit and a set of 753 feet. Should be able to get the lot for less than £80. Thanks!!!

The car looks incredible by the way. SP Autobahn really know how to photograph a car.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Kevp91 said:

Car looks great! Did I by any chance see you with your car at a gt Scotland meet at treehouse September time? Love the colour though! 

Hi Kev, thanks! No, that was another owner from Aberdeen (who kindly gave me a ride in his prior to buying mine!) - very similar looking car except his has no rear wiper and black seat inserts.

Must get along to one of the GT Scotland meets later in the year!

• Like 1

Also picked up a new mountain bike (Trek Remedy 9 RSL) so my bike now matches my seatbelts...

32427742601_6bedbf2053_b.jpg

Apologies for the rubbish quality - iPhone camera didn't enjoy the pitch-dark forest car park!

Edited by dirtbiker
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dirtbiker said:

Hi Kev, thanks! No, that was another owner from Aberdeen (who kindly gave me a ride in his prior to buying mine!) - very similar looking car except his has no rear wiper and black seat inserts.

Must get along to one of the GT Scotland meets later in the year!

Ah I see! Yeah unique colour but lovely in the sun! Yeah you should go along I only went to have a look at other people's cars and they told me to park in with the super cars haha slightly suprised to say the least!