New 911 Launch Event - OPC Colchester

Beanoir™

• Founder

I got one of these invite things in the post for the new 911 Launch event, i've had a couple of others in the past but never bothered.  This time I thought i'd give it a go, i've got the day off anyway so may as well.  Its this thursday evening at Colchester OPC.  

Is anybody else going or has anybody been to one of these events before? 

3 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

I got one of these invite things in the post for the new 911 Launch event, i've had a couple of others in the past but never bothered.  This time I thought i'd give it a go, i've got the day off anyway so may as well.  Its this thursday evening at Colchester OPC.  

Is anybody else going or has anybody been to one of these events before? 

Yeah I'm going to the one at Chester OPC on Tuesday night.

• Founder
On 6 December 2015 at 16:46:13, Andy Fagan said:

Yeah I'm going to the one at Chester OPC on Tuesday night.

So what did you think Andy? 

Ive just got home from the one at Colchester, have to say it was as you'd expect a nice car but it was the gadgets that impressed me the most! Not sure if that's a good thing.  

Headlights too over styled for my liking, but like the dual function strip light thing, the iPhone app thing was clever, quite like the new rear spoiler and grill, surprised they presented the car on release in 7speed manuals rather than PDK, thought that was quite interesting... 

9 hours ago, Beanoir said:

So what did you think Andy? 

Ive just got home from the one at Colchester, have to say it was as you'd expect a nice car but it was the gadgets that impressed me the most! Not sure if that's a good thing.  

Headlights too over styled for my liking, but like the dual function strip light thing, the iPhone app thing was clever, quite like the new rear spoiler and grill, surprised they presented the car on release in 7speed manuals rather than PDK, thought that was quite interesting... 

I pretty much agree with what you say, although I think the "toys" are only coming into line with what you would expect on most cars in 2015/16. Other than that I was disappointed with the "Dummy" 919 they had on display.... I'm pretty sure the real race cars don't run with positive camber on the front :(