crap headlights

Bushman

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for hijacking this thread but just wondering if anyone has had any problems regarding LED replacement lamps flickering when switched on from cold. Ordered a pair of these 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371714456856?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

after following this post.  Noticed that they flickered quite badly from cold but then settled down after about 5 minutes. The car had not been used over this weekend but had to move it this afternoon and lamps were flickering that bad they were almost like strobe lights but again steadied out after about 5 mins. Guessing that there faulty and need to be returned. Anyone had or have heard of the same problem. Cheers.

Edited by Maxheadroom
Spelling

21 hours ago, Bushman said:

Touch wood, I've not had a flicker or even a wink in over a year

Just my luck, I'll get some halogens to keep me going while I send the LEDs back me thinks

5 minutes ago, Maxheadroom said:

Just my luck, I'll get some halogens to keep me going while I send the LEDs back me thinks

use the link in my previous post to get the nighteyes from ebay, be prepared to wait though as they come from China 

On 13/12/2017 at 21:55, Bushman said:

use the link in my previous post to get the nighteyes from ebay, be prepared to wait though as they come from China 

Positive I used the same link you provided earlier, so sure there the same item. Will double check just to make sure , thanks Bushman

• Like 1

Ordered Led's for dipped beam .. Same as @Bushman ..

Like he said " the difference is like night and day" 10/10. Thanks guys 

Edited by Gazwaz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ordered the Nighteye Car 72W 9000LM H7 LED Conversion Headlight KIT 6500K Bulbs Xenon White

& H9 100w Xenon mains

These were UK stock! (£20.86 & £4.95 respectively)

I'm assuming these won't throw up any CANbus errors??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighteye-Car-72W-9000LM-H7-LED-Conversion-Headlight-KIT-6500K-Bulbs-Xenon-White/272630602803?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H9-XENON-ICE-BLUE-100W-BULBS-MAIN-HIGH-BEAM-12V-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-HID-LIGHT-X2/371747740111?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Edited by Mavrik
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2017 at 22:12, Maxheadroom said:

Positive I used the same link you provided earlier, so sure there the same item. Will double check just to make sure , thanks Bushman

Definitely the same item, there now in the bin and refitted halogens for the time being until I can find another alternative.

14 minutes ago, Gazwaz said:

You won't be disappointed mavrik.. fantastic bulbs.. I've ordered them for my Ducati aswell.. superb beam and no errors...

Got similar LED headlight bulbs in my MK Indy Fireblade engined kit car... Got 100w Xenons in my RR7 HRC Blade :1_grinning:

2 minutes ago, Gazwaz said:

Won't allow me... file too big..

Look for me on FB 

Gary Gleeson 

Lol.... You got an MK too ??? :1_grinning: