Bushman

crap headlights

So I got the dipped beams fitted tonight, but ran out of time for the fog lights. Those will have to wait till tomorrow.

As everybody else has said the dipped beam H7's are amazing. Super happy with these, and glad I bought the LED's over Osram Nightbreakers.

@Cito Regards H9 high beam whiter halogens, I have not ordered them yet. I am still deciding between two, one on ebay one on Amazon. Once I order I will take pictures and past link. Will not share link until I have ordered as would not want to mislead people.

• Thanks 1

Fogs now done too, and the number plate lights. Every bulb has now been changed on the car inside and out, with the exception of the high beam and indicators.

@Cito One issue with the whiter high beams halogens I have been looking at, is they are only quoted 5000k (and I don't believe that so so maybe only 4000k or 4500k if lucky). So they will not be as white as the 5500k or 6000k LEDs, but as stock bulbs are 3000k they will still be whiter. Also they don't quote long running hours.

I think I might order some of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/DZG-Halogen-Bulbs-Headlight-Pieces/dp/B07KXQZ4T9/

Have not ordered yet, looking for thoughts/feedback before I do order them. I am 100% decided on halogen not LED for high beams.

9 hours ago, Simon Wood said:

Fogs now done too, and the number plate lights. Every bulb has now been changed on the car inside and out, with the exception of the high beam and indicators.

@Cito One issue with the whiter high beams halogens I have been looking at, is they are only quoted 5000k (and I don't believe that so so maybe only 4000k or 4500k if lucky). So they will not be as white as the 5500k or 6000k LEDs, but as stock bulbs are 3000k they will still be whiter. Also they don't quote long running hours.

I think I might order some of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/DZG-Halogen-Bulbs-Headlight-Pieces/dp/B07KXQZ4T9/

Have not ordered yet, looking for thoughts/feedback before I do order them. I am 100% decided on halogen not LED for high beams.

I am not sure to change the high beams to be honest. For the reasons you said. If I really have to I would go for the best halogen I can find, otherwise I think I swill stick with the stock ones. I mean, I don't use high beams so often...

Futhermore I am not sure I want to try the thrill to push the plastic in order to fit the LED's ones 🙂

Thanks for the update

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Are 100w main Halogen / Xenon's ok to run in a 987.....ref any heat issues ? Or better to stick with 65w to be sure.....

And any latest suggestions / recommendations for the H9 mains ???

EDIT: Found and purchased these E-marked 65w Xenon upgrade H9’s - with 6000k rating to match the low beam and driving lights I’ve already purchased. I’ll give some thoughts when fitted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292434413801

Edited by sevenfourate

On 02/05/2020 at 16:53, sevenfourate said:

Are 100w main Halogen / Xenon's ok to run in a 987.....ref any heat issues ? Or better to stick with 65w to be sure.....

And any latest suggestions / recommendations for the H9 mains ???

EDIT: Found and purchased these E-marked 65w Xenon upgrade H9’s - with 6000k rating to match the low beam and driving lights I’ve already purchased. I’ll give some thoughts when fitted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292434413801

it will error if the wattage isn’t the same but can’t remember what the main beam wattage is. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jaketame said:

it will error if the wattage isn’t the same but can’t remember what the main beam wattage is. 

Thanks for the heads-up @jaketame 👍

I'd bought 65w because all the info and talk here eluded to that. Last night after reading your post - i found some some Porsche manuals online; and they mention / spec both 55w and 65w.

So i bought some 55w last night to make sure i'm covered.

Cheers !.