The New Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

The Doc

I just asked Michelin via online chat about the 20" MPS4S "N" marked tyres. Info as follows...

My car is a 2014 Porsche Cayman 981 2.7.
Tyres are 235 35 20 & 265 35 20
When are "N" marked versions of these due to be available?

Agent - Vassilena
"Thank you for the information, one moment please...
I just checked and for both dimensions the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S with Porsche marking will be launched in March.
That means that it should be available with our dealers a couple of months after."

:)

Edited by DJMC

yes my mates look like that, he only had the car 3 months from an OPC who say it's fine.

I hate the whole N spec thing, it winds me up as you can see lol

I bet the new ones NOT even been tested on the 981,  it will be a 718 tyre only tested on the new Turbo cars.

Get him to take some photos and email to Sam at Pirelli. I'll settle for 10% of their compensation as commission, or a full breakfast at the SS. Are you coming on Sunday? 

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.23.11.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.24.04.png

yes going to bring the new Cayman R out for a drive, I'll let you lick my tyres :-)

if the weathers ok we will bring the 981S and go for a longer drive out , other wise we will both come in mine.

3 hours ago, PorscheGT4 said:

yes going to bring the new Cayman R out for a drive, I'll let you lick my tyres :-)

Make sure there's no skid marks on them. :tongueanimated:

12 minutes ago, Porker said:

Price has crept down on Blackcircles for the 4S, the MPSS has stayed about the same. Less than £100 difference now for a set of 265/35/19 and 235/35/19. I'm looking at march or possibly April for before i need to push the button so hopefully there are more drops to come

Sorry, £110 difference for the set. Still better than last week

• Like 1

A very interesting series of comments on the new PS4s, and also the news that the N rated versions are due to be distributed to UK Michelin dealers around April, May this year.

I completely accept the points made about deviating from the factory 235, 265 sizes. As my car is brand new, I shall be retaining the factory specified sizes.  

I'm now waiting until the N rated PS4s are available for my new 982 CS on the factory specced 20" versions, and I shall be removing the N rated P Zeros for storage until my car is sold on. I have a very high regard for Michelin tyres and much less so for P Zeros. I have never developed the same confidence and consistency of grip with Pirellis in my experience. 

It will be interesting to see how the new N rated PS4s perform on my spec of 982, compared to the non-N rated PSS on my previous CR which were excellent all-round tyres. I have already booked track days at Anglesey and Knockhill in May and June of this year and this will be a good test both for the 982 CS and the new PS4s, provided I can have them fitted in time for these events.

I shall report back on my experiences. 

Brian