Joined the Porsche world ?

Kevp91

19 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

Hi Kev! Welcome :)

Love your car, great colour - is it aqua blue? When did you get the car?

Thank you! 

Its cobalt blue and I got it maybe start of September end of August 2016 so not had it long. 

• Like 1

Hello Kev and welcome along! :welcome:

Lovely looking car and a great colour, allot of knowledge on the forum for you to tap into when needed. 

• Like 1

Hi Kev. welcome mate. I also have a cobalt blue S, nearly the most flattering colour in my eyes, suits the car perfectly and it really pops in the sun. Only the later Aqua blue looks better I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy L said:

The car looks incredible. I've seen a couple of cobalt blue cars that have been properly detailed, the colour seems to come alive when it's had a bit of attention lavished on it. Just picked up my second Cayman today. Mines also a gen 1 manual and I'm loving it, I went for boring black though. I was going to post some pics in a couple of days, but you'be made me think twice... Do you have a degree in photography?

Yeah your right the colour once given a bit of tlc is amazing! Gets a lot of attention as I love it clean haha  the only thing that had me thinking was the engine problems but I have taken a warranty out so that has put my mind to rest ? You should defo get some pictures up of yours, these pictures are done by my friend who is studying photography so I cheated a bit haha 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bushman said:

Hi Kev. welcome mate. I also have a cobalt blue S, nearly the most flattering colour in my eyes, suits the car perfectly and it really pops in the sun. Only the later Aqua blue looks better I think.

Hey! Yeah really nice colour, that's what kind of made me buy it as I haven't seen many around! I thought about changing wheel colour and sticker colour to anthracite but I'm undecided ?

• Like 1

I love my silver Carrera type wheels, I think they suit the car and the colour, Ive been thinking about door stripes, undecided but if I did, I would probably go for silver "cayman" within the stripes to match the wheels with the "s" in red to match the calipers. I want to keep it subtle like yours,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Caymanwhite said:

When I saw your first picture, it said it all. What a stunning colour scheme. Very nice looking car. 

Guess what colour mine is!

Thank you very much! Il have to say white? Haha or blue same as mine ?? ?

Hi, been posting a few questions on here lately, I'm looking to buy soon, I see you've got the gen 1, You seem to be happy with it.

some have advised me to look for the gen2, but my budget won't stretch that far. I'm looking to buy as a bit of an investment, a car that won't be used very much, so don't mind an older car.

any hints or tips will be appreciated, as this is your first Porsche.

ive included a pic of what I'm looking at at mo, honest opinions welcome.

IMG_0685.PNG

IMG_0684.PNG

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mac said:

Hi, been posting a few questions on here lately, I'm looking to buy soon, I see you've got the gen 1, You seem to be happy with it.

some have advised me to look for the gen2, but my budget won't stretch that far. I'm looking to buy as a bit of an investment, a car that won't be used very much, so don't mind an older car.

any hints or tips will be appreciated, as this is your first Porsche.

ive included a pic of what I'm looking at at mo, honest opinions welcome.

IMG_0685.PNG

IMG_0684.PNG

Hey! Seems like your on same boat as me as mine is a 2008 15k miles and it's sits in a garage and get used for a toy really! Supposed to be problems with the engine in the gen 1's (someone with a bit more knowledge could explain in more detail) but I was told by a friend in a Porsche dealship that after a certain number they changed the problem in the later gen 1's. I'm not to worried aslong as you treat it well let it warm up before giving it beans I think you should be ok imo! Love the white and red combo btw! And I think 20k is a reasonable price!