Greetings from Wokingham, UK

pandalf

2 hours ago, pandalf said:

I feel I am jumping the gun here, as I haven't got my Cayman yet. But I have been researching the market to death for some months now, and am pretty much certain I know just what I want to go for. That is likely to be a manual 2.7, any second generation 2.9 or an early second generation 3.4 (I am too miserly to pay £500 a year road tax!). I had a lovely 964 Targa for many years until it was sadly lost in a fire five years ago. Now I am ready to get back in the Porsche saddle, so I will welcome any advice and ideas to make the right purchase. And once bought, I intend to keep hold of my Cayman for ever. I would never have sold the 964, and this Cayman will be seriously loved. When I am not coveting other people's Caymans, I am an analyst in the IT industry. Thanks for letting me join you. 

Great shame about the Targa, one of my favourites:(  Would love to see photos if you have some? 

Welcome to the forum sir! 

• Like 1

Here are some photos of the 964. Most were taken with the car posed outside a local school,  with one taken at Le Mans. It was a beauty,  in near concourse condition and in a very rare factory colour.  

Hmm. Not sure what I did wrong there. Maybe this will work better. Here are a few depressing photos of the 964 AFTER the fire. I will follow up with some more motivating ones! 

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMGP4356.JPG

IMGP4360.JPG

And here is the 964 in happier times. Most shots were taken in the grounds of a local public school, which made a nice backdrop.  The first shot was taken at a classic car meeting, and the second was taken at Le Mans.  

P1020008.JPG

P1010013_edited.JPG

P1010532.JPG

P1010533.JPG

P1010534.JPG

p1010538.jpg

• Like 1

Those photos are possibly the saddest thing i've seen in a long time...worse than a starving Donkey advert by a long way.  :Smilies_Sad_Cry:

Keep us posted on the new Cayman hunt though, happy to help out if you need advice.  

Edited by 987Monkey
  • Like 1

Welcome.

I recall Car SOS restoring a burnt out Willys Jeep. Too late to write to them now though.

What's your budget for the Cayman? And what's your "must have" spec list?