GT3 Smile Front Vent

Rob63

Good luck fitting it. It was scary cutting into the front bumper with a home made template. Still annoyed that I didn't fit it higher up the bumper, but what is done is done. It took about 3-4 hours + drying time. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I just got a kit from Rennline directly (215 USD) and the front radiator kit from Porkshop (so it is actually doing something!)

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-GT3-Smile-Vent-Kit/productinfo/E9X/

https://www.porscheshop.co.uk/porsche-center-radiator-kit-for-all-987-boxster-cayman-997-carrera-2005-2013.html

• 9 months later...
On 18/07/2018 at 17:42, Equinox said:

Not to resurrect a thread from the dead but I have just spoken and ordered the smile vent from Porsche and it came to £22.22 plus VAT so a lot cheaper than buying on ebay!

Only issue is it takes longer to come because its ordered through their Motorsport division as its from a GT car.

I knew I shouldn't have signed up to this forum...I'm going to have to buy one now 😂

Does it come with a template for cutting?

Edited by Spykee

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a long while since I last posted on here but to continue with my original post and bring some closure, a long while back I did fit the 'smile vent' and on the same day I installed the OEM 911/997 centre radiator and grille; both were extremely easy to carry out, require no special tooling, just basic skill level. So, not just looks but functionality as well, the Ohlins DFV coilovers also brought a lot more of the same. Enhanced cooling and handling, as for the Muppets out there "Er yeah..." it's better all round. 

The powder coated wheels and 'R' Porsche decals were just for show.

Next up will be the IPD plenum, throttle body and bespoke re-map etc, just as soon as I can find the time!