Good condition standard exhaust +

Kai

Just testing the water here. 

Im looking at replacing the exhaust system on mine and wondered if anyone would be interested in the current system?

its standard 987 Cayman S but with 2 cats removed to give it a bit more bark and bite. 

Overall good condition, I could hear spray it silver or black if you fancy or leave it to you. Obviously twin exit pipes as from an S but would probably fit a standard Cayman too (I'm guessing). 

Could also be used to send off to be "improved on" without losing the car or time. 

Let me know by pm. 

Cheers 

Kai 

ps - will get some pics up soon. 

Another good idea would be to send this to Carnewal to improve it for you then send yours in exchange- this way, you are never without a car/exhaust.......

Kai 

Thanks mate - you are the cleaning king!

that was just an offer if anyone wants the exhaust tidying up before buying it but appreciate the advice. 

Let's see if we get any interest.....

cheers 

Kai

On 4/4/2017 at 17:33, Rob63 said:

Kai, probably best not to spray it unless you're going to key it first, and this will be best done in a blast cabinet with a non-carbon steel fine medium such as glass. You could soda blast it but it's messy! Anyway the system is constructed from St Stl and I reckon looks ok when clean.

Best just to pop in to your local Co-Op and pick up a bottle of Harpic Max 10 toilet cleaner, apply with a 1/2" paint brush, leave for ten mins and then wipe off.

20170404_171943.jpg

Top tip that, I know what I'm doing this weekend!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

I've decided to go to Gert at Carnewal next week so the exhaust is no longer for sale. 

Kai 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there. 

The norm is to remove the two in the back boxes - leaving two in the manifolds. Cheap mod and pretty easy to do. 

This passes MOT fine and frees up a little performance and noise but nothing like having a new system fitted ?

Kai