Michelin PS4S tyres for the 718 CS

Brian.  Very interesting. 

Not surprised by your assessment of the PS4S wet performance; that ties in with a number of reviews.   But your experience of track use in the dry suggests they may be little or no better than other 'N' rated tyres.  The Michelin claim of 80% road, 20% track seems somewhat optimistic.  I would rather rely on your view, based upon actual use of a Cayman, that 95% road 5% track is nearer the mark. 

Still no 'N' PS4S 19s, however.  A bit odd as many 718s have 19inch wheels.

I am sure you are also right about Cup 2s being the best for dry tracks.  Not sure I could justify another complete set of wheels and tyres.  It is a bit wet around here to consider using Cup 2s for all uses, all year around.  

If I still have my 718 CS when the warranty expires, I'll fit a set of Michelin Cup 2's in place of the PS4S N0's. I need to go up a section width on the front sizes to 245, so that's why I'm not fitting Cup 2's as yet.

Like you, I also cannot justify another set of wheels and tyres for my 718. My 718 is not a daily driver. It's used mainly for touring and occasional track days in the summer months. In winter it is in the  garage resting, so permanent Cup 2's are a realistic option for me to consider.

Brian