First post and looking for a 987.1 S

i guess i need to take a detailed look through the paperwork of what ever i look at to see what has and hasn't already been replaced.

My golf is currently in the dog house as it needs 4 new tyres, new pad at the back, service and an MOT. Should come to a nice round figure of about a grand.

Not to mention the new caliper it needed a few months ago as it was binding. At least i can do most of the above myself, bar the MOT and Tyres

• 4 weeks later...

Remember that you can always save a fair bit of money by shopping smart. If you pay Porsche to do the work and pay Porsche fir all the parts, it will be expensive!!

unless it's still under warranty, find a good, local, cheaper independent garage if you can't do it yourself. 

Look for parts from other sources - remember to use discount codes (like PCUK for parts/tyres etc and companies like GSF who stock Porsche and Brembo parts at much cheaper prices and always have a saving code). 

Enjoy the car - they need and like to be used. Don't leave it standing around ?

Kai