GTS owners

Nail it

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hope it’s OK to post this here, apologies and please delete if not:

if anyone is thinking of getting rid of their manual Cayman 981 GTS, please reply/message.

Sober colour (Silver, Grey, Blue, black, maybe red) not fussed about options other than manual ‘box.

Thanks

Edited by swanny71

18 hours ago, swanny71 said:

Hope it’s OK to post this here, apologies and please delete if not:

if anyone is thinking of getting rid of their manual Cayman 981 GTS, please reply/message.

Sober colour (Silver, Grey, Blue, black, maybe red) not fussed about options other than manual ‘box.

Thanks

911 Virgin have 2 of them:

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/1386/981GTSManual/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any ‘watch out fors’ on a 6yo low miles GTS?

I presume most of the running gear is very similar to the 987 so things like coolant pipes, rads, condensers etc as per usual... 🤔

@Windymiller i've done little reading on the 981GTS but did consider it when Lusso Prestige had one up for 45k (higher mileage than this one) heard the adaptive engine mounts are prone to breaking aside from that i think its very similar to the 987. Engines and gearboxes are bullet proof!

I like the spec but not sure if the echoes in the showroom exaggerated the tapping/ belt's sounded a little loud to me...

edit.. have you considered the 911 997 GTS? That was another one i was looking at too for similar money, manuals are a little more expensive but 410bhp with the power pack and doubt it'll drop much more on depreciation

Edited by SarlechS
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know this car - EX64 NTK

https://www.dmbcollection.co.uk/vehicle-details/used-porsche-cayman-981-gts-for-sale-dmb-collection-u570/

So I went to see her today (am getting impatient awaiting my GTS4.0 order, and am reconsidering whether spending that kinda money on a toy is really necessary), and she was rather lovely and pretty good shape overall, very clean and rust free underneath. Drove really well - never driven a 981 PDK before, it sounded so good, better than the GTS4.0 sad to say. 

However, for a (7.5 yr old) car that’s only done 22k miles she needed some TLC. 

A number of chips, scuffs and grazes, and a fair amount of swirl marks - most of which would polish out (Plus a ceramic coating would be preferred). 

All 4 wheels need a refurb, the inner barrels were showing some signs of pin-bubbling corrosion under the paint, one was curbed, and they all looked like they’d had some cheap blow over at some point in their past that was now wearing off, making them look patchy close up. 

Also needs 2 new front tyres as they are the 2014 originals it was built with and one had a gouge in it (GYEF1s to match the nearly new rears). 

And the rear discs were only 20mm thick - I think the min is 23mm?  And pads had about 5/6mm on them.  The front discs were 26mm - again I think this is the min, though the pads had 8/9mm. 

Some of the panel gaps around the rear hatch lid and lights were uneven between left and ride side, so made me wonder if it’s had some work done at some point?

Lastly, the passenger sunvisor vanity mirror hinge was broken. 

All in I estimate £2000+ of parts and work to bring her up to top notch form. He was only willing to drop £600 off. 

Think I’ll be calling OPC East London on Monday for a sitrep on my GTS4.0 order… 🤔🤷‍♂️

CE7DE62C-FF38-448E-94D6-517BA4F310CD.jpeg

Edited by Windymiller
Typos
  • Like 1