Pencil put on Friday 19th July then ... just need to confirm the format. When peopleandcars first mooted the idea last July he had just attended the Performance Driver 'Track' Day. This is our recommendation for the starting point for those who have not trained with us before.
This is the overview fyi.
Performance Driver ‘Track’ Day
An action-packed day run by CAT Driver Training Ltd at Millbrook Proving Ground.
The day is a fast moving experience for 6 owners and their cars to introduce the secrets of performance driving. It is designed to be informative, exciting and fun. The group size is purposefully kept small so that the maximum can be obtained from the day in a highly personalised environment.
There is access to the 5 unique circuits at the renowned Millbrook Proving Ground, a venue that is not normally accessible for 'track days' and the general public.
Activities designed for the different circuits are:
· Learn threshold braking from high speed on the Mile Straight
· High speed driving, potentially to the maximum of your car, on the banked circuit of the High Speed Circuit
· Drive the demanding Alpine Route circuit with its hills, and variety of corners from hairpins to long and sweeping
· Take on the tight, twisty and challenging Handling Circuit
· Put your car through its paces on the open spaces of the Dynamics Pad/Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron
An instructor will accompany you on all the circuits, and the objective is to teach you how to get the best from your car and develop your performance driving skills in a controlled environment and at a pace you are comfortable with.
Short presentations in vehicle dynamics will help you to understand the relationship between driver input and vehicle balance and control. From this comes the appreciation of how to safely drive your vehicle at grip limit within the controlled confines of a track environment.
At the end of the day, your new found skills can be put to the test in a timed shoot out around a gymkhana-style course laid out on the Steering Pad/Mile Straight Apron.
Included in the day are:
· Professional in car tuition
· Access to 5 unique circuits at Millbrook Proving Ground
· Lunch and refreshments during the day
· Timed end of day shoot out
· Full emergency services on hand all day
· 1 hour 40 minutes driving time with your personal instructor
Pricing is as follows:
3 participating members = £475 pp
4 participating members = £460 pp
6 participating members = £430 pp
Performance Driver 'Track' Day Schedule
08:30-09:15 Coffee, Introduction, Licence Check, Scrutineering, Safety Briefing & Objectives of the Day
09:30-09:35 Drive to Circuits
09:30-11:00 Mile Straight
11:00-11:50 High Speed Circuit
11:50-13:15 Handling Circuit
14:00-15:00 Alpine Route
15:45-16:45 Gymkhana timed Shoot Out on the Steering Pad/Dynamics Pad
16:55 Presentation & Debrief
Timings & Circuit order may be subject to change on the day depending on circuit activity
Note on noise limits ... to quote me "there is no limit unless you are a Le Mans Prototype or an F1 car". If anyone thinks they can compete at that level on noise, be sure to mention it when booking!
Is this good with you all?