Cayman GT4 Owners

Shep

Dry today, until early evening allegedly, although the roads are a little damp still. 

Just washed mine before a blast to Bicester this afternoon with the wife. Sods law says it'll pee down as soon as I set off! That's happened twice in as many months, just after I've washed it on a sunny morning. Is yours to be a garage queen then?

Mine's a DD but Rhodium silver with Platinum wheels hides the dirt for a few weeks if needs be. 

I'm up the A5 if you fancy a reason for a drive, for a cuppa and a chat. See you at the Sausage meet in Feb anyhow (?). You're probably the nearest to it?

One day we'll have every version of Cayman 987, 981, and 718 at a meet hopefully. We could line them all up in order.

Well it turned up today and very very happy

loved my GTS but this is very special just want to go drive it but waiting for my plate to transfer errrr, plus weather is crap

going to get the front end and sills filmed up and maybe the rear spoiler before I use it and then get it all coated to stop it scratching etc

• Like 1

oo the Top555 £105k one !

did you notice the massive stone chip on the rear arch and scraped lower front lip !

nice car that one though, shame about the stone chips as it must have been a big one as the plastic is out of shape plus 2 smaller ones next to it.

these things are stone magnets with cup2's on them

Edited by PorscheGT4

Mine has been at the detailers this week and then getting spell film fitted to complete front end, sills and rear.

then it's getting ceramic coating done.

the inside and all plastics have also been coated to protect them

please to say that the paint from Porsche was not to bad and only in a few places had defects and no nasty chips which is good to know and now I can get it run in and not worry about stone chips as much

i guess everyone is having protection added ? As the cups do like flicking up stones

2 hours ago, Nail it said:

Mine has been at the detailers this week and then getting spell film fitted to complete front end, sills and rear.

then it's getting ceramic coating done.

the inside and all plastics have also been coated to protect them

please to say that the paint from Porsche was not to bad and only in a few places had defects and no nasty chips which is good to know and now I can get it run in and not worry about stone chips as much

i guess everyone is having protection added ? As the cups do like flicking up stones

The Cups do flick up stones, but not at the front of your car.  However it will be the front end that picks up the stone chips all the way up the bonnet.  I'd get up to the windscreen and to the leading edge of doors, possibly the leading edge of the rear arches too.  

5 hours ago, morjo02 said:

nice Cayman GT4 - I just ordered a Black 2016 GT4 scheduled for an April build production and June delivery - counting the days

What's the view on what GT4 type model the Cayman 718 will muster, and when? 2018? I guess 0-62 in under 4 seconds, but would seem it still has to have a flat four engine?

18 hours ago, Mezger said:

The Cups do flick up stones, but not at the front of your car.  However it will be the front end that picks up the stone chips all the way up the bonnet.  I'd get up to the windscreen and to the leading edge of doors, possibly the leading edge of the rear arches too.  

Don't worry lots of film is going on, thinner film on the front and thicker on the areas that will get hit more like the sills etc

18 hours ago, DJMC said:

What's the view on what GT4 type model the Cayman 718 will muster, and when? 2018? I guess 0-62 in under 4 seconds, but would seem it still has to have a flat four engine?

Porsche said the GT cars will stay NA for the next few years to come, but only they know what's next

been looking into releasing the extra power of the 3.8 fitted to these cars and it looks very easy to get 420 ish bhp and more torque with just a few bolt on bits and maybe in a year or two I will go down this route myself, but for now I want to get it run in and enjoy what I have

2 hours ago, Nail it said:

Porsche said the GT cars will stay NA for the next few years to come, but only they know what's next

been looking into releasing the extra power of the 3.8 fitted to these cars and it looks very easy to get 420 ish bhp and more torque with just a few bolt on bits and maybe in a year or two I will go down this route myself, but for now I want to get it run in and enjoy what I have

Why more power needed? Do you race it?