Dash cam installation

Brian

On 05/01/2016 at 17:58, DJMC said:

Power it from the USB socket in the glove box, as per the Boxa.net (free to join) thread?

Sorry to revive an old post, but Im interested in this. Should the USB socket be in all models, or is it an add-on? Ive had a look but cant see one. I do have a power socket in the passenger footwell.
I run cheapo front and rear cameras in my Mini and Mrs Moggy's Fiesta, but Im looking to get something a bit better for the Cayman. Anyone tried a Blackvue?

9 minutes ago, Madmoggy said:

Sorry to revive an old post, but Im interested in this. Should the USB socket be in all models, or is it an add-on? Ive had a look but cant see one. I do have a power socket in the passenger footwell.
I run cheapo front and rear cameras in my Mini and Mrs Moggy's Fiesta, but Im looking to get something a bit better for the Cayman. Anyone tried a Blackvue?

Search Technomoan or technoman on YouTube. Think it's technoman. He has reviews for 50 odd dashcams, if he hasn't reviewed it then it isn't worth considering. 

I persinally have have a mini 0806. I just need to fit it in permanently rather than just the trial bodge fit I did. 

1 minute ago, markbarry1977 said:

Search Technomoan or technoman on YouTube. Think it's technoman. He has reviews for 50 odd dashcams, if he hasn't reviewed it then it isn't worth considering. 

I persinally have have a mini 0806. I just need to fit it in permanently rather than just the trial bodge fit I did. 

Thanks. I knew I'd heard of someone but couldnt remember the name. Its Techmoan. Ive seen the 0806, they look good as I want something small and unobtrusive but I'd like to retain front and rear if possible. I suppose I could always get two :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My fix for this was to buy what is in effect a switched cigarette lighter plug, hooked this up to my dashcam and now just switch on and off. The only problem of course, forgetting to do either. This problem resolved by installing a great app on my phone called macrodroid, I've set this so once the Bluetooth connection is made and closed with pcm I get a warning message. A bit long winded I know but I didn't want to start hard wiring and didn't want this issue to beat me lol.