coolant system

hi all

having had to drain coolant system ,i have now refilled with vacumn kit.started car  watching temp on dash temp rises to 99c  rear fans kicked in temp continues to 112c front fans start  temp continues to rise at 118c fans really start motoring radiators and pipes at front still cold got to 120c i then turned engine off as getting concerned,

Any help and advice would be much appreciated

Hi

Looks like an air lock, try vacuum again I suggest. I had the same recently when I changed the front pipes. I assume everything was OK beforehand.

Barry

Hi

I don't think you need to drain and start again. You need to pull a fair old vacuum in the system to get to the air in the front. Pull the vacuum from the expansion chamber in the engine compartment sealing off the two pipes going to overflow and top up in the boot. Leave the vacuum for a few minutes and make sure it stays then let in the other 4 or 5 litres. Best of luck. Keep an eye on the level for a few kilometres afterwards and top up as necessary.

Barry

sadly am now pulling my hair out. left hand radiator gets hot however right rad and centre rad remain cold

temp reaches 117c front fans blowing full bore seem to keep it there .

anybody know where i can get a layout of the cooling system pipe work as local porsche people are not very helpful (not responding to my requests for help)

mick

Hi

have finally got cooling system working,ended up lifting valve near header tank running engine at 1500 rpm for 20 minutes

system now working

Hi

Excellent what a relief😀 it must have been an air lock. Refilling coolant system is a right pain. Keep checking level for a couple of weeks to be sure.

Barry