Cayman 3.4 engine

Scott986

Hi all I’m looking a for a 2006/7 Porsche cayman S 3.4 engine. Sadly my engine is unrepairable 😔 I’ve looked high and low and can’t find anything. Any help would be great. 

thanks in advance 

scott 

Not good news, hope you find something.

Is fitting a later engine possible?

Seem to remember reading about it on one of the us forums. I think there was also a company selling revised wiring to match. A while since I read it though.

If so, could maybe open the door to getting a 3.8?

18 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Not good news, hope you find something.

Is fitting a later engine possible?

Seem to remember reading about it on one of the us forums. I think there was also a company selling revised wiring to match. A while since I read it though.

If so, could maybe open the door to getting a 3.8?

I’m open to other options but it comes down to cost as well! It would be interesting to know if the newer 3.4 would go in….

I can't find what I was reading earlier, but did find conversion wiring for a 3.8 of the same age. At least that would give you a bigger choice of available engines.

https://www.softronicsoftware.com/porsche-987-cayman-engine-conversion/

One huge problem will be trying to find an engine that doesn't need further work, I suspect it's a bit of a mine field.

Have you contacted Hartech? You never know what they may have lying about in spares. If it were me I would at least talk to them to see if they can come up with something.

As you say though, cost is going to be an issue. Are you able to do any of this yourself?

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I can't find what I was reading earlier, but did find conversion wiring for a 3.8 of the same age. At least that would give you a bigger choice of available engines.

https://www.softronicsoftware.com/porsche-987-cayman-engine-conversion/

One huge problem will be trying to find an engine that doesn't need further work, I suspect it's a bit of a mine field.

Have you contacted Hartech? You never know what they may have lying about in spares. If it were me I would at least talk to them to see if they can come up with something.

As you say though, cost is going to be an issue. Are you able to do any of this yourself?

Thank you, fortunate for me I can do all the work myself as I’m a mechanic. I’ll send an email to hartech and see what they say. 

51 minutes ago, Scott986 said:

Thank you, fortunate for me I can do all the work myself as I’m a mechanic. I’ll send an email to hartech and see what they say. 

In my experience it's better to phone them, they get so many emails everyday that you may not get a reply.

I would call and ask someone to phone you back when they're free.