Introduction - 987 Cayman

Hi, 

Purchased my 987.1 last year and loving every minute. Added the obligatory Sports exhaust late last year and haven't regretted it once. 

Have decided after driving a friends 911 Targa that I would like a 981 S 3.4. So am now shopping. 

Is there many of you that went from a 987 2.7 to 981 3.4? Would love any feedback.

Many thanks

Chris.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 13.10.58.jpeg

On 22/05/2023 at 11:58, ChrisGrainger70 said:

Hi, 

Purchased my 987.1 last year and loving every minute. Added the obligatory Sports exhaust late last year and haven't regretted it once. 

Have decided after driving a friends 911 Targa that I would like a 981 S 3.4. So am now shopping. 

Is there many of you that went from a 987 2.7 to 981 3.4? Would love any feedback.

Many thanks

Chris.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 13.10.58.jpeg

Is your car going to be for sale Chris? If so how much are you after for it?

in regards to the 981 I have driven a few and also the 987.2 S and the current 718 2.5 GTS

The 3.4 DFI engine is a peach and on the 981 platform sounds incredible with a sports exhaust. 

The chassis on the 981 is great but the steering feel isn’t as good. From an interior / tech point of view it’s a big step up and a lovely place to be.

It feels much more modern I’d say. Try stretch to a GTS if you can as they are lovely and come with some tasty options :)

Hi. Sadly car has gone, I sold it back to the Garage I bought it from. They were great to deal with so give them the opportunity to buy it back. 
I already have a nice Black Cayman S on the drive and put about 500 miles on the clock already. 
glad I made the jump and upgraded. 

16 hours ago, ChrisGrainger70 said:

Hi. Sadly car has gone, I sold it back to the Garage I bought it from. They were great to deal with so give them the opportunity to buy it back. 
I already have a nice Black Cayman S on the drive and put about 500 miles on the clock already. 
glad I made the jump and upgraded. 

I saw it go up yesterday, that's a shame I would have given you good money for it. :(

What did they pay you for it out of interest? (if you don't want to say that's fine)

I may go and see it anyway, does it need any work doing? 

Are the calipers just painted or are they the s brakes retrofitted? 

Thanks 

Ash

Edited by hopz121