Arctic Silver Cayman 987 2.7

Munch197

2007 Porsche Cayman 2.7

I purchased this Cayman last year after spending a considerable amount of time searching for one in this condition. I went for a 2.7 owning to the bore scoring problems associated with the 3.4 engines. 

Finished in Arctic Silver with a Sea Blue interior, and a set of Porsche Design 19” Alloy wheels.

The history is as follows:

19214 Mi - Porsche Centre Bristol

36752 Mi - Porsche Centre Swindon

57305 Mi - Dart Motors, Totnes

72778 Mi - BMG Performance Vehicles

82427 Mi - Northway Porsche

87000 Mi - Burch MAS

Amongst the history are receipts for shocks, drop links and strut top bearings. 

Particularly reassuring for any potential purchaser (and for me!) was an invoice from Porscheshop in Halesowen for £1300. In 2014, at around 75k miles, the car had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel. At the same time, the rear main seal was replaced as a precautionary measure whilst the gearbox was out. 

I purchased the car intending to keep it for a considerable time, and hence shortly after purchasing it, it had a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted, all of which are the correct Porsche ‘N’ rated. 

In the last 2000 miles, there has been a major service carried out, using the correct Mobil 1 0w40 oil and top quality German Mann filters. The spark plugs and auxiliary drive belts have all been replaced. I also replaced the brakes all ‘round with Brembo discs and pads. 

I have fitted LED headlight bulbs, which adds a really modern look to the front end. They’re not obviously aftermarket like the tacky xenon conversions you can get, and they look thoroughly OEM. Although these are ‘plug and play’ units, and can be returned to standard if the buyer so wishes. 

The side decals were added during my ownership, and again, can be easily removed if not to your taste. 

I’m selling reluctantly, only due to the unexpected loss of a lift share into work (20 miles each way) and I don’t really want to put that sort of mileage on the car. 

If I had to be picky, there are a couple of stone chips to the front bumper, commensurate with the age and mileage, but nothing excessive, or which detracts from the stunning appearance of this car. 

Overall, this Cayman is in lovely condition, and wants for nothing, with a recent major service, clutch and tyres, it’s ready to be enjoyed all summer and much beyond. 

£12495 Ono

Any more information or photos please call or text 

IMG_20180410_175320.jpg
IMG_20180410_175214.jpg
IMG_20180410_175125.jpg
IMG_20180410_175013.jpg
IMG_20180410_175002.jpg

Edited by Munch197
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20x2x5=200.

Not that much. I normally put 500 per week on mine and one 7 day period I put 1400 (though that is unusual - the following week was ~100 and this week will be about 700.

I say use it and enjoy it.

Is this what late 07 Caymans are going for now? crikey that’s getting cheap. Sticking the miles on it will drop the value but not by tens of thousands if they’re at this price already.  You’re looking at 9-10k miles a year for work? I’m at 66000 miles on an 09 gen 2 and I’m heading for about 9k -10k a year without commuting. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 05/09/2019 at 14:45, mike_s said:

Hi Pal,

New to the site as im in the market for a cayman 2.7.

Is this still available ?

I’d be surprised as it was nearly 18 months ago when the OP first posted his car for sale