18" tyre options

Hello all. I was hoping to pick peoples brains about tyre sizes for my Cayman S. There is a huge amount of choice for the fronts (235/40 18) but the rears are extremely limited. Pilot sport 4 are my tyre of choice but I can't find them in 265/40 18's. I can get them in 275/35 18, but will they fit?

Thanks in advance, Pete.

Hi Pete. In a word "Yes"; they will fit. I ran 245/40's and 275/40's on my 18" Cayman S wheels (now have Fuch's so the rears are slightly wider, same tyres though) with no problem at all (including a track day). The PS4 is a mighty fine road tyre and does an admirable job on track too, for those of us unable to join the "PS4S" club. SuperSports worth a look too, probably some other option will be recommended here too.

Thanks. Good to know I can mix it up a bit to make the sizes work. I'll definitely get the PS4's, they seem to work really well with Porsches. I like a bit of occasional track day fun as well. I can't get 275/40's so will probably get 275/35's. Not sure if I should get 245/35's on the front to match.

I don't think you have to re the fronts , more a case of making sure the tyre heights etc are all in order if you're mixing your profiles etc. Probably not a bad time to get alignment, camber etc checked over too