Hiding my tracker.

Sean Gibson

Where can I hide my tracker? 
hello and merry Christmas to you all. I’m a newbie so not sure if I’m doing this right, but my question is, I am going to buy a cheap GPS vehicle tracker for my new 2014 cayman. Only just brought it but want to buy a tracker and hide it somewhere. Any ideas where that could be hidden? I am guessing as I haven’t brought it yet but it will be around the size of a cigarette lighter or perhaps a little bigger. Thanks in advance and a happy New Year to you all.

Edited by Sean Gibson
Errors

6 hours ago, Sean Gibson said:

Where can I hide my tracker? 
hello and merry Christmas to you all. I’m a newbie so not sure if I’m doing this right, but my question is, I am going to buy a cheap GPS vehicle tracker for my new 2014 cayman. Only just brought it but want to buy a tracker and hide it somewhere. Any ideas where that could be hidden? I am guessing as I haven’t brought it yet but it will be around the size of a cigarette lighter or perhaps a little bigger. Thanks in advance and a happy New Year to you all.

Hiya Sean; welcome to the forum and Merry Xmas to you 🎅

If the GPS Tracking unit is genuinely the size(ish) of a lighter - i'd of thought the choices would be endless almost.

Tucked under the trim / carpet in the truck or frunk. Tie-wrapped up under a dark corner of the seat - or even perhaps "into" the upholstery / leather somewhat, near (Behind ?) the battery somewhere out of sight or maybe even tucked up under the dashboard ? {All of these would be out of sight - but ultimately easily gotten to by you if needed). And would stop the unit being accidentally 'come across' by anyone else.

***Are criminals able to electronically scan for these Tracker units nowadays ? ie: Before they choose what vehicle to attempt to take. Or can they block the signal with some sort of jammer if they still want "yours" ? I'd imagine they can.....

Have you got a device in mind ? I've semi thought about this too. Infact looking for something else recently  i came across a Tracker in Halfords for £45 that required no subscription - which i gather is not the norm:

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/car-security/streetwize-gps-tracker?istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istFeedId=367c5610-f937-4c81-8609-f84582324cd6&istItemId=wwmwrxtix&istBid=t&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:1597776703|agid:59288237886|tid:pla-601931313560|crid:303053191864|nw:g|rnd:7702324376457217265|dvc:c|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9045097&gclid=Cj0KCQiArozwBRDOARIsAHo2s7uXFhOFV0JUaJAsacT47eCq61Qrjk9PdJxRLEZ6ksfdf72YB2p3XeUaAs-CEALw_wcB

Says here the unit itself above  is 50mm x 50mm x 20mm........so a fair bit bigger than a lighter:

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/streetwize-vehicle-personal-gps-tracker-551778278?gclid=Cj0KCQiArozwBRDOARIsAHo2s7tqaD066Z71bKQndCs1jtrIlNmXm4MkjV0wPp4NF3nklUL-cbh_f8YaAkEAEALw_wcB

I'd be interested to see what you've found / have in mind........