Rear light Cluster - water ingress - clear wrap?

Getting a little water in the light cluster when I wash the car - even when being careful with the snow foam.

Took it out, there is a slight crack where the red plastic sits underneath - taping up does not help but the water evaporates after a few hours anyway so must be some air flow. cannot see anything electrical so not super worried - but..

Water might be getting in between the ridge between red and clear plastic over the reversing light/brakes...  so

Thinking about a clear wrap to cover the lights to seal it a bit.

Mostly because when not driving I like tinkering at the moment:  (mid service cycle oil change done / front mesh installed / painting the calipers red next)

SO:

Has anyone used a clear wrap on the lights - not sure about the darker wraps legality but they look quite cool.

Any recommendations?

thanks,

M

Also noticed a very small amount of water inside my LH/ passenger side as well. It seems to evaporate very quickly but leaves light dirt and marking at the bottom of the light cluster. Haven't looked at leak location yet, will try soon.

Depending on cost, may replace it as it will look a bit messy at the bottom of the cluster over time?

18 hours ago, 777HAM said:

Also noticed a very small amount of water inside my LH/ passenger side as well. It seems to evaporate very quickly but leaves light dirt and marking at the bottom of the light cluster. Haven't looked at leak location yet, will try soon.

Depending on cost, may replace it as it will look a bit messy at the bottom of the cluster over time?

Any idea where water is getting in?

Hello futureechos, Haven't had a chance to investigate further yet, it leaked after a rare pressure wash at the garage as i haven't noticed it during previous hand washing? Will update in the New Year.

• Thanks 1