Fog lamp corroded - removal?

Hi All,

My N/S/F fog lamp is corroded and reflective coating is now a pile of dust at the front of it.

Does anyone have a good guide on removal - is this bumper off to remove it? I can find plenty 987.1 guides but nothing for the gen2?

Also replacement part looks expensive - any one have good a recommendation / link for alternatives to genuine Porsche part?

thanks.

Removal instructions are in the drivers handbook under bulb replacement, (page 213). it's very simple carefully remove a piece of trim and then two Philips head screws. 

For some reason the near side lamps are difficult to find  and the only realistic option is a new unit from Porsche at about £200. 

It is possible to separate the lamp unit from the glass using a heat gun and then spray the reflector with chrome paint but I tried and ended up breaking the glass lens.

Good luck.

Edited by Pretzel
page number
  • Thanks 1