Selling my 2009 Cayman S

So....some rather surprise news this weekend. My wife applied for her dream job in Malta a couple of months ago as a bit of a punt and they offered it to her on Friday evening!

Will be a great adventure, but regretfully I am going to sell the Cayman. I originally thought about keeping/shipping it and have argued with myself about it all weekend. However, the Maltese drivers are apparently notoriously bad and constantly bumping into each other and I don't think I could bear it constantly getting scuffed.

I was having a look at Autotrader this weekend and finding it really hard to judge where it should be priced. It's a Gen 2 Cayman S, the cheapest of which across the UK is £22k, on Autotrader at least. That one is a 2010 though and has done 74k. Mine is a 2009 and has done 94k, so appreciate this will have an impact.

I was wondering what the general consensus is on this, as whilst I need to sell in the next couple of months, I'm not on a ridiculously tight deadline to do so. Any ideas on what a sensible price would be? There seem to be so few Gen 2 cars out there for sale currently, so I'm struggling to know where to place it.

The car is well specced; 19" Turbo alloys, SatNav/bluetooth, extended leather, Bose, Xenons and sports chrono. It's full main dealer service history, MOT until end of Jan 2018 and four new Michelin's around 1000 miles ago.

Here's a pic:

IMG_1779.JPG

Edited by CaymanAdam
new info

10 hours ago, SpannerMan said:

Spec, condition and history are more important, to a degree, than mileage and age.  

Well that will hopefully put me in a decent position!

I tried to start writing an advert for the car last night, but managed to find other things to distract me. Suddenly, those little DIY jobs around the house look a lot more tempting!

2 hours ago, CaymanAdam said:

Well that will hopefully put me in a decent position!

I tried to start writing an advert for the car last night, but managed to find other things to distract me. Suddenly, those little DIY jobs around the house look a lot more tempting!

Ive never owned a car worth more than a few grand so always sold privately. As and when i sell I'll probably go down the 'sale or return' thing, essentially a dealer will prep and hold the car and organise selling for a commission. Like an estate agents for cars, APPARENTLY you get a bit more that a straight sale to a dealer - you may need to wait a while for it to sell. Id rather do that than trade in as i prefer to have the cash and not be tied to a particular dealer. They obviously take care of test drives with insurance and can offer finance to buyers so increasing the pool of buyers.

sorry for the digression but may be worth a punt? Will also take care of thing if you travel before its sold?

not tried it so not sure if it works out

2 hours ago, CaymanAdam said:

Cheers Porker, will look into it.

Mind you there's quiet a lot of debate on the web! Only go with one of the big boys seems to be the consensus.