Oil Consumption

Hi

I have done 3000Kms ( 1875Mls) since buying my 2006 Gen 1 and my oil indicator is still at full i.e. level with arrow. Whilst I am very happy with no oil consumption something is nagging in my mind what if the sender is wrong what if the gauge is wrong. On my other Porsches I have a dipstick which is a clear indication. Am I being a dipstick and worrying uneccessarily or is this normal oil consumption. Dealer serviced at 120,000KMs, oil Castrol Edge Pro 0W40. Someone put my mind at rest.

My 06 hardly uses any oil from my experience. And the oil indicator is hit and miss anyway. Some days it shows over full and others just under. 

I change mine every 5-6000 miles and always check for oil on the floor etc... Just fill it and forget so long as its changed regularly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just done my first oil change after 10000kms, the oil fair rushes out when you take out the sump plug, needless to say the garage floor now has oilsorb on it for the first half litre that missed the collector. Following my initial post I thought while the engine is empty I would check to see if the electronic reader also showed zero oil, it did so I now know that the system kind off works. Anyway new filter 7.75 litres of oil and I am good to go again for another 10000kms:Banane21:

Barry