Space Saver 718 Cayman

delticfan

If the car was never designed to have or be fitted with a space saver, I would be very wary about using one in case it invalidates your insurance. also means you would have to carry a low entry jack, wheel brace etc. There should be a bottle of puncture sealant and a compressor as standard and you could always back this up with a can or two of Holts Tyreweld. There is a growing trend for tyre centres  not to  repair a tyre if it has tyreweld or sealant in it when they remove the tyre, stating it cant be cleaned out and will never balance, damages the tyre etc.  but they will offer to clean up the rim quickly enough if you buy a new tyre. Ive had it on wifes car so I took the loose wheel in and just asked them to remove the old tyre and I'd give them a fiver then asked if they would repair the puncture and refit  it all once I returned having cleaned out all the gunge. they did this for £20..wiped it all out with forecourt roll and cellulose thinners, took about 3 mins.