Removal of aerokit rear wing

Can the aerokit rear wing (like that on the Cayman R) be removed?

I took the FakeR to a paint shop and told that unless it can be removed then they won't be able to paint it as they can't get the spray gun underneath.

• Founder
18 minutes ago, graham.reeds said:

Can the aerokit rear wing (like that on the Cayman R) be removed?

I took the FakeR to a paint shop and told that unless it can be removed then they won't be able to paint it as they can't get the spray gun underneath.

Yes, it’s a bolt on part 

If my memory serves correct you will need to remove the interior boot hatch panel to get at the bolts. 

• Thanks 1

Okay. It appears that there is some sort of rubber/glue between the wing mount and the tailgate.

It hasn't been particularly well seated and supposedly it was factory fitted.

• Founder

I suppose there is a chance somebody procured the spoiler after factory and fitted it without the bolts and just glued/bonded it on.    

Does your our car have the full aero kit and do you know who fitted it? Was it specced from new?

It is the full aerokit.

According to Porsche Bolton it was factory fitted from new.  However it doesn't look like a particularly good job.

Edited by graham.reeds

• Founder

If it were me I’d have a go at removing it and then at least it can be made good if it’s been glued when it goes in to your body shop.  Then fit it correctly after the paint.