Little help please

Hi everyone. I am looking to hardwire in my portable satnav. The unit will sit on the dash just to the right of the instrument cluster. I would like to locate an live feed (when ignition is on only) somewhere around the light switch or ignition switch area. I don't want to dismantle the dash or anything I'm just hoping there is a live feed around that area that is easy to find.

Any suggestions?  

20 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Run a cable down to the fuse box by your feet, and use a piggy back fuse plug/connector?

Good shout thanks. Didn't know they even existed 😁

Probably also need an adapter to give a 5v feed from 12v from the car maybe, with whatever adapter your satnav has on it, micro usb maybe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-USB-Hardwire-Fuse-Kit-12V-to-5V-Power-Adapter-Cable-For-Video-Dash-Camera-/282694549695

I already have the adaptor/transformer thing just need the live feed. I did have a look at the fuse box but couldn't decide how to take a feed from it. Straight to Halfords in the morning I think, cheers for your help.. 

Halfords do an an all inclusive adapter installation for not s lot. Basically a lighter socket fed from the fuse box so you can use the standard lead for the satnav. This way, it is easy to remove in case of warranty issues.