Low Oil Level - Help

This past weekend, took my 2011 base Cayman out for a drive.  I have driven less than 200 miles this winter.  After 50 miles into a 125 mile trip, got "check oil level" message.  Level was low...needed to add oil.  There was no indication of leaks on my garage floor.  It only has 29K miles and I have owned it for 18 months.  Purchased as a CPO car...and dealer indicated the oil was changed prior to my purchase.  I have check the oil level before and it was always good.  Anyone else ever have this problem? 

How many miles have you put on this car total ? How much oil did you need to add to bring it up to full ? You know you are over due for an oil change ? 

• Thanks 1

So was the oil level showing at the maximum fill line last time you used it / last time you checked ?

How much have you needed to add....and to get you back to what level ?

***Just trying to get an idea of exact useage versus exact mileage...........

Have you checked your coolant level / colour / condition ?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.  Oil level was full ( nearly to the top of level, but not over full). I added one quarter, and now it reads almost dead center. 

Extanker, I have put approximately 8K miles on the car in 18 months.  This is my first Porsche...owned a Corvette for 10 years.  I added a quart  and it measured in an "acceptable" range.  You mentioned I am overdue for an oil change.  How often do you change your oil. Go Army!

my service soon/now comes on once a year and i change it then. A quart used in 8 k is not too bad . I raced corvettes for 30 years but it was time to slow down so i got my po new in 09 .....sure got my wish on the slow part ....i ssssoooo miss the torque 

Ex, THANKS!  Still learning the car.  I think I could have gotten away with adding two.  Gonna take it out this weekend and see where it stands.  I hear you on the torque, but I love how quick and nimble the Cayman is!  I also miss how the pipes would sing to me when down shifting.  Thinking about upgrading the pipes on the Cayman...looked at and listened to a few YouTube videos.  I am looking more for sound than performance, not trying to spend a ton of money...any recommendations???

i left my stock .......VERY little to gain vs money spent .....and sound like a ricer going no where .......just enjoy the myth and down play the over-priced/under-powered quote from ferry po